What is the syn button on Dazzle and other Power widgets?

just4747

Reaction score
EDIT: Meant "Sync" in the title, sorry.

I thought this Sync button (the two arrows chasing each other) on Dazzle and Power Widget would correspond to turning background data on and off, but it does not. I can change either the button or the Settings menu option for background data, and the other would never change with it.

So what does this button do?

I thought about this question because I am having the issue all of a sudden of the Sync icon (also two arrows chasing each other) never going away in the notification bar, so I thought maybe that button had to do with it. But on or off, the icon never goes away.

So maybe someone can answer what the button does on Dazzle/Power Widgets, etc...and also why my Sync icon never goes away? I tried everything..

I read somewhere that if you rooted recently and removed any apps, then it could be continuously trying to sync with an app that was removed. So you must turn off sync for that app before removing it, but I don't think anything I removed required syncing...it was just a few stock bloat apps.

Last edited:

Davidd31415

Reaction score
Bump, can anyone answer this?

I too would like to know what this button does and why it is not linked to the background services setting.

I had an icon which looked like the two arrows chasing each other which was always in my status bar too but it was from the Weatherbug. There is a setting to turn off background updates which removed it from the status bar.

I don't see why there even are background update and data sync options- a lot off apps seem to ignore the settings. This is why it is frustrating to me that the apps always run in the background and can but be killed. Makes me consider rooting the phone and looking into firewalls that prevent outgoing connections.

Last edited: