What is the best/cheapest way to set up incoming calls with Google Voice?

Taegost

Reaction score
I got my invite last week and set it up, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to handle incoming calls... I've been playing with with the GV Caller ID number coming through, which works, but it's rather annoying not being able to see who's calling, or hear their ringtone if my phone is across the room. Especially since I don't usually answer or even look at it when it rings (I work in a call center...) I usually go by the ringtone to tell me if I want to answer or not.
I did some searching online and saw a recommendation to link it with Gizmo5, which was acquired by Google and is now in a closed Beta. So that's not an option for me (Unless it's an invite-only thing like GV)
I also saw some mention about using a SIP service with SIPDroid, but I'm not familiar enough with the setup to use it...
I was considering getting a # through Skype (Only $33/yr) and using that for my incoming calls, but I've never used the service and I'm not sure how well that would work.
Does anyone have any recommendations? Or if you use it, what is your set up and how happy are you with it?
Thanks in advance!