what is the best browser for flash?

dakoop

Reaction score
I was really liking xscope browser until flash came to my droid. I get the stupid green arrow I have to click on everytime flash content is available. I tried the stock browser and flash played right away.

What browsers are having the best performance with the new flash?

Thx

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasn't Skyfire the browser to get for Flash before Froyo? How does it work with Froyo?

OP
dakoop

dakoop

Reaction score
Skyfire and dolpin hd both seem to do ok.

How bout some input from the experts.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think actually the stock browser if you have it set up right works pretty good with adobe, but I prefer using Dolphin HD. It allows you to navigate quicker without setting up any special settings yet get the full Flash affect. Regular browser doesn't do that.

I couldn't do anything with xScope. It was horrible. Try it if you like but it crashed on me, wouldn't even work.

OP
dakoop

dakoop

Reaction score
What settings are you using

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For standard browser?

In enable plug ins I have it set for On Demand.

mrgoochio

Reaction score
I think actually the stock browser if you have it set up right works pretty good with adobe, but I prefer using Dolphin HD. It allows you to navigate quicker without setting up any special settings yet get the full Flash affect. Regular browser doesn't do that.

I couldn't do anything with xScope. It was horrible. Try it if you like but it crashed on me, wouldn't even work.

Recommendations for good stock browser settings optimized for flash usage? About to get my first smartphone (moto droid in transit) and could use some pointers

edit: lol that was fast. that all you have configured?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Recommendations for good stock browser settings optimized for flash usage? About to get my first smartphone (moto droid in transit) and could use some pointers

That's all I needed to do. What it does is it kind of takes the flash out of the ads (what it seems like to me) and allows the stock browser to scroll quickly and smoothly. I haven't tried it out on a flash web site however so you may want to give that a try and see how it works for you. I have been using the Dolphin HD pretty regularly now so I'm kind of happy with that.

gnmitchell

Reaction score

That's all I needed to do. What it does is it kind of takes the flash out of the ads (what it seems like to me) and allows the stock browser to scroll quickly and smoothly. I haven't tried it out on a flash web site however so you may want to give that a try and see how it works for you. I have been using the Dolphin HD pretty regularly now so I'm kind of happy with that.

Ditto on what Hook says. Have had no issues using Dolphin HD

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was really liking xscope browser until flash came to my droid. I get the stupid green arrow I have to click on everytime flash content is available. I tried the stock browser and flash played right away.

What browsers are having the best performance with the new flash?

Thx
I think you have the plug-in setting in xscope set to on-demand. Set it to always on and it'll show up without clicking.

I have it set like that on my stock browser just so it didn't waste cpu power loading flash crap that I don't wasn't to see, and just pick which ones to see. I've had zero problems with xscope, I'm only using the stock browser just because it loads sites faster. I'm waiting for xscope to get optimized.

I think dolphin hd2 works really well but I dislike using it due to it feeling so bloated ala firefox. I still think out of all of them the stock browser loads things the fastest. Right now I'm going for performance over "features". I'm actually surprised how well I've adapted to the stock browser. I hated it on 2.1, I still prefer xscopes navigation/ui though lol. I'm moving back once it gets updated. I emailed the dev and he says he is working on it.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

mrgoochio

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.. I haven't had a chance to try any browser out yet (even stock) as I've never even touched a smartphone in real life lol. Aside from default, I've been looking at skyfire and dolphin HD though

OP
dakoop

dakoop

Reaction score
I just tried the stocker out again and it is waaaay slower than xscope. How are you guys getting good speed out of stocker?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just tried the stocker out again and it is waaaay slower than xscope. How are you guys getting good speed out of stocker?

Well, I couldn't even get xScope to work, I uninstalled it right away. I already described what to do with the stock browser. You need to set the plug in settings to "as needed." That increases speed tremendously.