What is a notification... and do I even care?

chiocci

Reaction score
Thanks to some great folks here I was able to set up separate ring tones for Gmail, POP3, Messaging and telephone calls. I also saw a separate "Notification ring tone". I have received a couple of Notification rings but I have no idea what it is trying to tell me or how to access the "Notification" message is that was just sent.

I am half tempted to just tune off the Notification Ring Tone. Is there any value to this "Notification" message and how do I access the info? It does not come up under messaging. I get the notification but don't know how to acccess the message.

Thanks
Chuck

IamReady

Reaction score
All notifications should be in the notification bar at the top.. is there nothing there when you pull it down?

windstrings

Reaction score
Thanks to some great folks here I was able to set up separate ring tones for Gmail, POP3, Messaging and telephone calls. I also saw a separate "Notification ring tone". I have received a couple of Notification rings but I have no idea what it is trying to tell me or how to access the "Notification" message is that was just sent.

I am half tempted to just tune off the Notification Ring Tone. Is there any value to this "Notification" message and how do I access the info? It does not come up under messaging. I get the notification but don't know how to acccess the message.

Thanks
Chuck

The notifications are related to emails you get, possibly calendar reminders , alarm clocks, etc...

when you open the stock messenger go to your menu at the bottom and pic "settings"

than scroll to notifications. If its checked you will then have options underneath light up allowing you to pick a tone for that notification.

OP
C

chiocci

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I guess the part in the manual where they described that. It is fairly easy to use once you know how.

Thanks for the help.
Chuck

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I guess the part in the manual where they described that. It is fairly easy to use once you know how.

Thanks for the help.
Chuck

Where'd you get a manual!!! All I got was a lil folded piece of paper! LOL (I know there's one online)