What handset are you (thinking of) leaving for the Droid?

MakisupaVT

Reaction score
I guess I'm just curious. I'm sure we all have our reasons -- whether it be issues with the current phone, or just plain ready for something new... or anything in between.

I'm currently struggling with the Samsung Saga. I bought it around this time last year, and for the most part, it's been a decent phone. Over the last few months though the signal strength has deteriorated so much I can't make any calls from home. I'm hoping it's a handset issue and the Droid will be better -- or I'll have to drop $250 to get the VZW Wireless Extender.

Plus, as a technophile and programmer, it seems that Android is the phone OS of my dreams.. it'll give me a chance to bag programming in .NET and learn Java and customize and hack to my heart's content.

Madscotsman

Reaction score
Seriously considering ditching my Blackberry Storm. I don't have any problems with it and I have actually enjoyed the phone, but I tend to be a bit of a phone wh*re and I'm always itching for something new. Now if I could just decide if I want the DROID or the ERIS.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm ditching the storm1. I am over some of the issues with memory and battery pulls each day. Love the device. I am hoping the Droid will be better

mijoko

Reaction score
Big Jump

Well, I may be making the biggest jump. I am going from the dumbphone,, Samsung Gleam, to the DROID. Calling BestBuy in 40 minutes to see if they will have it on 11.06. If not, I will wait til that date since the Verizon stores 'round here will open at 0600 hours! Either way, it's less than one week away now, and I am pumped. It's a nice bbirthday present to myself, lol

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I may be making the biggest jump. I am going from the dumbphone,, Samsung Gleam, to the DROID. Calling BestBuy in 40 minutes to see if they will have it on 11.06. If not, I will wait til that date since the Verizon stores 'round here will open at 0600 hours! Either way, it's less than one week away now, and I am pumped. It's a nice bbirthday present to myself, lol

Good upgrade, and Happy Bday to you too :D.

grumpy

Reaction score
I have a storm 1 with since the new update but if this phone is as good as people say it is I might be jumping on the droid band wagon. I have 2 phones eligable for upgrade and will wait till I see more reivews from actual users before I jump :)

ebean

Reaction score
leaving behind my last palm - a treo 700p - that has acted valiently through years of use and abuse.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I am going to retire my Storm1. I am looking forward to getting my hands on a Droid on Nov 6th. The Original Storm has left me wanting. I want something that will make my Smartphone experience BETTER. Not make me looking and wanting the next great fix that might make it Better, Maybe !!

So Droid, here I come. Nov 6th can't come soon enough for me.

garyll

Reaction score
I've loved my Blackberry Curve 8330 and it's done everything it was supposed to, but it's time to move on. Looking forward to a nice big screen and really being able to watch videos, not to mention the amazing NAV program.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am going to retire my Storm1. I am looking forward to getting my hands on a Droid on Nov 6th. The Original Storm has left me wanting. I want something that will make my Smartphone experience BETTER. Not make me looking and wanting the next great fix that might make it Better, Maybe !!

So Droid, here I come. Nov 6th can't come soon enough for me.

I'll keep a Storm laying around as a replacement for Red's phone when it breaks and it no longer under warranty :D. After reading about this device. I think it will do all I need and more. I may even be able to get rid of my alarm clock :)

juergen99

Reaction score
Currently a Curve 8330 user. Until about a month ago I was ready and waiting for the Storm2. Thursday night I pre-ordered a Droid at BestBuy. :p

daelight

Reaction score
Verizon XV-6900 (HTC Touch)

The dumbest smartphone ever created, I had to Skin it with SPB Shell 3.0 to make it tolerable. Actually the experience wasn't bad just the virtual keyboard and Verizon stripping it of all the good stuff.

SPB now that's a great software company. The SPB Shell 3.5 just came out and I wish this interface would work with Android. So much more sophisticated and intuitive.

Seeing the SPB Shell 3.5 makes me go back and forth from the HTC HD2 to the Droid

forkup

Reaction score
I was all about the new storm 2 until the droid dropped coming from a 8330 curve, now it's droid all the way!

JFDroid

Reaction score
I'm ditching the storm1. I am over some of the issues with memory and battery pulls each day. Love the device. I am hoping the Droid will be better

Ditching my Storm 9530 too. I hate the memory leaks as well, doing battery pulls to get the OS to be responsive for a few hours, and the lack of apps (<3 Android Market!).

Droid looks sweet. I hope it's as good as we all hope.