What features would you like to see on the Galaxy Note 5?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I know a lot of you are Galaxy Note fans and the Galaxy Note 5's launch should be just around the corner and we'd like to know what features you want to see in Samsung's new phablet.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actual optical zoom on the camera. If they have to add a little to the overall thickness of the phone to get it without the lens sticking out like the Incredible 1 did then so be it. I can live with a phone that's thicker than a couple of credit cards with ease.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I would like the old S Pen shortcuts back. 99% of what I use it for is screen grabs. I want it to be as simple as it used to be to grab part of the screen or just take a screenshot.

Of course external storage is a must for me. Removable battery is nice but not mandatory. Front facing speaker or even bottom would be AWESOME.

I would like the curved edges eliminated so I can have a good looking tempered glass protector again.

S Pen would be nice if it had an actual ink pen built in some how. I always have my phone but so many times need an actual pen. Mainly for signing checks or receipts.

That's all I come up with now but sure I have more.

Note 4Tified

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would like the old S Pen shortcuts back. 99% of what I use it for is screen grabs. I want it to be as simple as it used to be to grab part of the screen or just take a screenshot.

Of course external storage is a must for me. Removable battery is nice but not mandatory. Front facing speaker or even bottom would be AWESOME.

I would like the curved edges eliminated so I can have a good looking tempered glass protector again.

S Pen would be nice if it had an actual ink pen built in some how. I always have my phone but so many times need an actual pen. Mainly for signing checks or receipts.

That's all I come up with now but sure I have more.

Note 4Tified
I had forgotten double tap screen with s pen for a screen shot that opened up writing on it.
Yeah that was a neat little trick.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I had forgotten double tap screen with s pen for a screen shot that opened up writing on it.
Yeah that was a neat little trick.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
You could also just push the button and draw around what you wanted to crop. It's still somewhat simple now but not as simple as it was.

Note 4Tified

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Another feature I actually just thought of was the keys on either side of the home button instead of being designated would be nice if they were set so a single tap of either was "back" and a double tap was "menu" or what ever it is. I know when I use the phone left handed that when I try and stretch my thumb across to hit the back button sometimes I hit the lower left of the screen with my hand between thumb and pointer finger and select things I don't want.

Note 4Tified

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I would like to see the built in Qi charging.
The newer fingerprint reader or better yet ditch the reader on the home button and build it straight into the screen. They have a patent for it already.
More functionalities for the pen.
Bring back the sidebar from my current Note Edge.
Bigger battery.
Android 6.0 OOTB.