What factor is more important to you in an android device?

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
What would you prefer; unlocked lower quality device vs a locked higher quality device?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

EOK1335

Reaction score
no matter locked or not just want a great batt, and of course w/o lags or glitches...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Card

Reaction score
Considering I ran my D1 entirely unrooted and on factory settings for almost 8 months, I'd say I would rather just have a high quality phone that works. Being able to tinker is awesome, no doubt about it. But having something just work flawlessly out of the box is something a lot of people take for granted.

kookk

Reaction score
If I had to choose between my rooted and romd DROID and my x2, my x2 would win hands down. Better to have something that works than something that is frustrating to use but is customizable

Sent from my DROID X2

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I just want something that works and is reliable out of the box. I hate hearing 'mod this and mod that' just to make something work. So if having a higher quality device means limited customization, then so be it.

Sent from my ThunderBolt

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
locked higher quality...modding is all great and well, but most people just want something that works that you don't have to hack to make better (or "enhance" as some would have you believe haha)

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Like others have said already, I just want my device to work when its supposed to.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Al Neri

Reaction score
Definitely the higher end. I have been running a factory D1 since Feb 2010 and it is just now starting to run like crap. The last update put it to it's limits or something cause it is running slow. Prior to that it ran great, cannot wait for my upgrade. It's not til October but hopefully the Bionic will be out by then.