what else besides pda net?

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Im not sure i understand your question.

Your phone gets online through the browser. If you are looking to get online with your computer using your mobile phones internet the only way to do so is tethering and even then if you tether without paying the Mobile Broadband Connect plan through Verizon you risk being charged hefty charges and possible account termination for violating the TOS agreement you signed when signing the contract.

The 2 famous tethering apps for Non rooted phones are PdaNet and EasyTether.

LordBalthazar

Reaction score
and even then if you tether without paying the Mobile Broadband Connect plan through Verizon you risk being charged hefty charges and possible account termination for violating the TOS agreement you signed when signing the contract.

WOW! That is so stupid (not you, the policy)... why would we pay for a second device to do what our phones can already do. Plus we're already forced to pay for "unlimited internet" with the smartphone. To me, that means I can use as much internet as I want either via my phone, or my laptop. I don't have my contract with me at the moment, so does anyone know how it's stated? Even so, how can they prove that's what you're doing, or do they just assume you're doing it and fine you?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
and even then if you tether without paying the Mobile Broadband Connect plan through Verizon you risk being charged hefty charges and possible account termination for violating the TOS agreement you signed when signing the contract.

WOW! That is so stupid (not you, the policy)... why would we pay for a second device to do what our phones can already do. Plus we're already forced to pay for "unlimited internet" with the smartphone. To me, that means I can use as much internet as I want either via my phone, or my laptop. I don't have my contract with me at the moment, so does anyone know how it's stated? Even so, how can they prove that's what you're doing, or do they just assume you're doing it and fine you?

Not to not answer your questions, but there should be a ton if threads that debate all your questions.

Phone bandwidth is different than tethering bandwidth, but no one can say for sure if Verizon actually has a way to tell the difference.

amanda2489

Reaction score
I've had my droid about a month, and the guy who sold it to me at the verizon store actually is the one who recommended the pdanet app to me. he had it on his own personal phone and showed me how to work it. seems crazy that it violates the contract but their own people are recommending it.