what does liberty do that darkslide does not....?

chefb

Reaction score
I want to open this disscussion to all with an opinion/ knowledge of both roms. I hope the sumitions will depict both toms accurately, because I've read through the threads but still don't know what the stand alone features are for liberty?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Liberty has a toolbox for easier change of boot logo's, boot animations and themes. And

I'm sure I missed a few when it comes to JRum. I have a great respect of the 2 dev's that

came together to make Liberty. When finally polished it will probably be in the top 3 of best

ROM's so for. JMO.

Darkslide, well, it is finely tuned as far as I'm concerned. This explains my huge hesitation to

switch to Liberty or any other ROM. It is fully themed, including multiple keyboards and black

Market. The window animations are sweet and smooth. It's fast and has amazing support even

though not much support is needed.

So to compare once again, comes down to preference. Those that have bugs

with Liberty and know how to fix them themselves, don't really have bugs and

are running an amazing ROM. Other people that need a liittle more support may not

be completely satisfied yet, but will be. And those with Darkslide I find have very few

issues right off the bat and therefor makes it a very appeasing ROM.

Last edited:

Shelooga

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
So to compare once again, comes down to preference. Those that have bugs

with Liberty and know how to fix them themselves, don't really have bugs and

are running an amazing ROM. Other people that need a liittle more support may not

be completely satisfied yet, but will be. And those with Darkslide I find have very few

issues right off the bat and therefor makes it a very appeasing ROM.[/QUOTE]

i agree with this 100%. unfortunately im one of those people with a few small bugs on liberty that are annoying but i do not know how to fix them. its made me consider going back to darkslide. i have a feeling though most of my bugs have to do with the fact i switched launchers (LPP -> GoLauncher) at the same time

mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
There is no comparison. Liberty is the ultimate I.M.O. Darkslide is a very good rom, nothing bad to say about it,except that i hated the battery icon, lol. I moved to ChevyNo1's SSX, which is amazing, to me far slicker & faster than Darkslide. Then along came Liberty, & I will never look back. I did a clean install, & have had ZERO bugs, & i have amazing battery life. Top Notch...

DROID X Rolling On £IBERTY ROM 1.0 // TapTalk Pro

kameleongt

Reaction score
What issue a are you having with lpp and liberty rom. I'm running thee same setup.

i agree with this 100%. unfortunately im one of those people with a few small bugs on liberty that are annoying but i do not know how to fix them. its made me consider going back to darkslide. i have a feeling though most of my bugs have to do with the fact i switched launchers (LPP -> GoLauncher) at the same time

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

en28so

Reaction score
Running liberty right now. This thing is fast. Dark slide is good too, but it's a little slower.

Droid X. Rooted with Z4root and underclocked to save battery life.

zeke

Reaction score
If I could change the themes on darkside it would be the best to me IMO. I would like more choices when it come to animations like trans. But both are cool roms.

Reaction score
I had issues with darkslide. The aosp dialer killed liberty for me as well since I make a lot of calls from my cardock and the inability of the aosp to do landscape is REALLY annoying.

IMO, the rom with the most features and least bugs is Apex. Add or remove blur as you see fit, very fast and a TON of options you don't get with any other rom.

foxky

Reaction score
liberty is really fast and my battery life has been amazing. I really like the toolbox too, it has a ton of options like changing themes, boot logos, and everything else you'd expect from jrummy haha

tapped on my LibX 1.0

dakoop

Reaction score
Both are great. Liberty seems quicker to me

I let my fingers do the talking

lurch81

Reaction score
Really like liberty but I miss blur text app is there any way to make that work?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Shelooga

Reaction score
What issue a are you having with lpp and liberty rom. I'm running thee same setup.

Sorry I didn't clarify. When I switched to liberty I also switched launchers. I haven't used llp w liberty. And I also worked out the bugs I had using go launcher.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really like liberty but I miss blur text app is there any way to make that work?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ask this in the liberty section. Best way to get the answer your looking for.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

MrKleen

Reaction score
Both are very good Roms and I'm not sure which I prefer.

I do however like the included 3g hotspot included in Darkslide.

Famoustgun

Reaction score
Was thinking bout getting liberty. I'm newly rooted and really only use my tethering. I know I'm missing out on all the goodies. Was going to download koush's bootstrap but got scared away by not knowing what SBF is. Is it a big deal?