What does everyone do for work?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
im curious what everyone does to pay the bills. You can leave company names out if you want. And how old is everyone.

I'm 29 soon to be 30 :(

For work im a private charterboat captain and currently run daytrips from Ft Lauderdale Florida to the Bahamas.

souljerr

Reaction score
Garrett - 30 ain't too bad I'm about to be 40. Technical Headhunter / recruiter. Been in the biz for about 14 years now. Great way to stay informed about all the latest and greatest tech coming down the road.

ebean

Reaction score
got you beat...just turned 52. real estate broker.

OP
garrett

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm 25 and work as a systems admin.

this is what i used to do... did it for close to 7 years and just walked away from it one day and have never looked back. I was a Sun and AS400 admin for one of the largest insurance companies in the world.

dont miss it a bit....

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

this is what i used to do... did it for close to 7 years and just walked away from it one day and have never looked back. I was a Sun and AS400 admin for one of the largest insurance companies in the world.

dont miss it a bit....

Yeah those 2 systems suck. I would never want to do admin work on those two systems, i mainly just deal with Windows, i have knowledge in alot of other stuff but just mainly deal with windows stuff now adays. If I could find something I liked more, i would walk away myself.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm 23 and I'm an "assistant" sysadmin. I mainly deal with account creation/deletion/resets, shared drives, backups, and other smaller issues. I like my job but it is mostly due to the people I work with and the fact that I have very little user interaction :icon_ lala:

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
As the name states, I am a Professional Mariner. I have been sailing on tugboats since the late 70's. US Merchant Marines. You can see in my line of work why my needing a good wireless provider brought me to VZW so long ago. When working I can be found anywhere between Maine to Texas and points in between. When I am not working, SE Florida is where I call home.

My first Cell phone was an old Motorola Bag Phone. And my first truly portable, as in clip on your belt, was the original Motorola Flip Phone. I have had many cell phones over the years. I like to change them every year or so. I have owned my share of BlackBerrys too. I have also owned many wireless modems as well, since they became available in the early 90's. CDPD modems at a blazing speed of "2400 baud" into the evolution of the EVDO "Rev A" modems we use today.

I am So Looking forward to my new Droid on Friday. With the friggin Keyboard! :biggrin:

I am not as old as that geezer above me, I am only 51 :icon_ lala: I was thinking I was going to be one of only older models here. ;)

How's dat for ya !

pastachef

Reaction score
you guys are old! im 21, and a student. for monies i just do freelance computer work till i can find something a bit more reliable.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am about to be 37 and currently work for BMW. I have been around cars for the past 18 years. I am in the Parts side of things. So no I don't sell cars

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm 25, still in school (i know, shut up) and working at starbucks until i graduate.

currently drive a 330ci, so miami is my new favorite person!

OP
garrett

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

dont miss it a bit....

Yeah those 2 systems suck. I would never want to do admin work on those two systems, i mainly just deal with Windows, i have knowledge in alot of other stuff but just mainly deal with windows stuff now adays. If I could find something I liked more, i would walk away myself.

ehh there not bad i was a linux admin before that but enjoyed the quirkyness of the AS400. M windows admin is minimal as i grew up on unix.

i love having a good challenge

Zippster

Reaction score
Just turned 42, real estate agent who rehabs / contracts my own homes. Full time flipper / agent when I need to be.

bassic83

Reaction score
Power plant IT guy...for the moment. That could change any second, though.

I did some migration work in 01-02 for a couple plants out in CA, did Ormond Beach and Mandalay, both near Ventura. I grew up in SoCal, so it was cool to go back and see friends after being gone since 90...