What do you think of Blink

Davidfan

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I see a lot of you discussing Blink
icon_523_thumb.png
in this forum, I am David, the developer of Blink. Blink extends your default Android LED alert system and allows you to customize LED color for SMS/MMS, Incoming Call/Missed Call, and Low Battery/Memory. By customizing the LED colors (12 colors available) and frequency in your way, you will never miss an alert again while Blink will keep the LED flashing alerts for you.

As far as I know from this forum, Blink can work on some droid but can't work on others, some works fine expect for the email supporting. Blink is a new app in the droid market and it's on his way to make all of the users satisfied. So can you guys who has an experience of Blink, please leave your comments or suggestions here. All of you suggestions will be taken into consideration in the new version of Blink. Thanks, hope all of you enjoy you day and enjoy Blink. Lol......dancedroid

ninjabox

Reaction score
I will be getting a droid x. I hope this will work on it dancedroid

BuglessFan

Reaction score
I like it. I'd probably love it if the OS actually used the LED while the screen was on.

Actually, a close second would be to have a circle in the notification bar that picked up on the LED color/pattern (ideally with a hook that picked up Twitter and other apps that try to send info to the LED).

JCo352

Reaction score
Why can't anything ever change the led for email?

anuraj1

Reaction score
Personally, I love Blink. It works great for me and is very easy to use.

Moto Droid
Bugless .4 @ 1 GHz
Chevy's ULV 1.2 ghz kernel

rcmolski

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm pretty new to the Droid and Blink, but I did send you an email the other day.

I don't use Blink for the battery or memory functions, but do for SMS, MMS, email, and phone calls.

The only issue I've found so far is that the frequency of the LED blink cannot be changed for missed phone calls. I wanted mine to be Red and Fast Blink; that way I'd know pretty quick that I missed a phone call.

One thing I think would be cool if it can be done is for the multiple colors to be able to display. For example, if I have a missed phone call and an SMS text, both options be displayed. I understand that this may not be possible, though.

Anyway, I use Blink and it tells me what I want to know, without having to turn my display on. Aside from the missed call frequency issue, I think it does exactly what you've advertised it is supposed to do.

Thanks,

Bob

OP
D

Davidfan

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm pretty new to the Droid and Blink, but I did send you an email the other day.

I don't use Blink for the battery or memory functions, but do for SMS, MMS, email, and phone calls.

The only issue I've found so far is that the frequency of the LED blink cannot be changed for missed phone calls. I wanted mine to be Red and Fast Blink; that way I'd know pretty quick that I missed a phone call.

One thing I think would be cool if it can be done is for the multiple colors to be able to display. For example, if I have a missed phone call and an SMS text, both options be displayed. I understand that this may not be possible, though.

Anyway, I use Blink and it tells me what I want to know, without having to turn my display on. Aside from the missed call frequency issue, I think it does exactly what you've advertised it is supposed to do.

Thanks,

Bob

Hello Bob,

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. Our tech team are now working on this frequency issue cuase there are serveral customers suffered by this problem. The next version of Blink this issue might be solved. Don't worry. Enjoy your day, enjoy Blink:icon_ banana:

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
To jco352:

the k9 app for the other email lets you change the color.

asforel

Reaction score
I use Blink on my Nexus one, it's awsome, 12 colors just works greatdancedroid

BuglessFan

Reaction score
I wish it could do the twitter notification LED too, for some reason mine doesn't work with the default twitter app.

Also, seems as good a place as any to give a small bug report. I've noticed with the memory or battery condition notifications that if they get set off and are no longer valid by the time you get to the notification, the dialog that pops up when you click on the notification just says "null". Not a big deal, but a fit and finish bug.

fandroid1

Reaction score
i wish it could do the twitter notification led too, for some reason mine doesn't work with the default twitter app.

Also, seems as good a place as any to give a small bug report. I've noticed with the memory or battery condition notifications that if they get set off and are no longer valid by the time you get to the notification, the dialog that pops up when you click on the notification just says "null". Not a big deal, but a fit and finish bug.

+++++++++++++11111111

Syndacate

Reaction score
My roommate was talking about it (which is why I'm here, I have a fascinate, I don't get one :'( ). She said that the the option to disable the low battery notifications doesn't work, the OS tells you, apparently so does Blink. Not sure if that was fixed in a patch or not.

The other thing was to make it for e-mail/gmail.

andrew_w29

Reaction score
If Blink could be used to customize your led light notifications for email, and the color it displays when your battery is charging (not when your battery is low), those would be awesome upgrades!