I deleted the camera widget by accident do u no how to get it back?I'm not sure about the battery concern regarding widgets, however, I would assume that any program within the phone that automatically updates through the internet and/or gps will require battery power.
On my main screen, I keep general information that is not private - such as the calendar/clock widget. To the right, I keep my social networking and messaging widgets so I can check them in one screen without loading individual apps (I love this!).
Third page to the right, I keep my gallery widget - so I have quick access to my pictures and videos.
Along the bottom of those three pages, I keep my most frequently used apps.
I haven't really filled up the others just yet ...
how do u get it to 5?LauncherPro let me cut down to 4 screens 4x5 and 5 across the bottom scrollable for all commonly used apps.
7 is nice but just too many for my tastes. My wife is an old iPhone user and does not even like the screens (yet). Too funny.
I've moved everything off the 6 non-main screens and I only use the main screen.
I have the weather on top, the 4 widgets to toggle the wi-fi, bluetooth, gps, and airplane on and off.
Under that I have navigation, google talk, text messaging, local news, browser, maps, and Pandora apps.
I have LauncherPro with 7 screens and the 5 icons down hack, and 2 docs. My screens are themed. For example:
1. INFO: XXL Pure Calendar Widget and Weather Bug Elite
2. TOOLS: calculator, barcode, UPS tracking...
3. INTERNET: lots of browser shorcuts, gmail, reader, PhoneMyPC, andFTP...
4. HOME: nothing on here but the Beautiful Widgets weather/clock (its the middle)
5. MEDIA: music app, xiaa radoo, rock player, and so on...
6. GAMES: sketch online, wordfeud, WordUp, Carrom3d...
7. DROID: just droid stuff like power widget, root explorer, voice...
Dock1 has phone, launcher, messaging, and dots and the Dock2 has quick links to people I text often. And some photos on screen cause I love memories.