what did the last update do for the droid_x

roach

Reaction score
what did this last update do for the droidx i am not having any problems except for the display light at the bottom but i always had that since day one.

wyld

Reaction score
Froyo is from .07p gingerbread .596 is .12p the new update for .602 .13p

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK stupid question but what is the radio baseband?

Sent from my DROIDX

Its supposed to improve the data signal, call quality and everything... I haven't noticed a difference.

CM74DX

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
Its supposed to improve the data signal, call quality and everything... I haven't noticed a difference.

CM74DX

It seems to have fixed my problems with the compass API that was causing Google Sky Map to work improperly.

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
sometimes I think they just throw an update out there to make us feel good about our phones,I have not noticed any changes.
Only time will tell.

in8won

Reaction score
Google sky map is working again for me as well

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

wyld

Reaction score
.602 fixed the notification led and the hardware key lights on my phone. But didn't play very nice with my CPU my phone was stuck at Max speed 1ghz never went into a lower idle. So my battery life really sucked. I had to sbf and flash back to .596

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
Another tip for better cell quality (independent of any change that came with this update) is to change the codec from EVRC to EVRC-B. My wife said my phone no longer sounds like cell phone, it sounds like a good old fashioned copper land line. Ok, fiber.. But, the difference is pretty dramatic.

I was hoping that this update would cause the phone to retain your setting, but unfortunately, the setting appears to get reset back to EVRC on a phone restart.

To get your codec set to EVRC-B:

Go to dialpad, and dial ##PROGRAM <send> (##7764726)
At the "Enter SPC Password" prompt type: 000000 and click "Verify" (6 zero's)
Choose "06 Test Mode"
Press Next
Press Next
In the first option: "Service Option" choose "EVRC-B"
Press Back
Press Home button

You're done!

cece5702

Reaction score
Another tip for better cell quality (independent of any change that came with this update) is to change the codec from EVRC to EVRC-B. My wife said my phone no longer sounds like cell phone, it sounds like a good old fashioned copper land line. Ok, fiber.. But, the difference is pretty dramatic.

I was hoping that this update would cause the phone to retain your setting, but unfortunately, the setting appears to get reset back to EVRC on a phone restart.

To get your codec set to EVRC-B:

Go to dialpad, and dial ##PROGRAM <send> (##7764726)
At the "Enter SPC Password" prompt type: 000000 and click "Verify" (6 zero's)
Choose "06 Test Mode"
Press Next
Press Next
In the first option: "Service Option" choose "EVRC-B"
Press Back
Press Home button

You're done!

This wont harm my Droid X in anyway right?

Sent from my DROIDX

stpitcher

Reaction score
Question... Just for interest sake: This .602 update... Is this an update from Motorola? As opposed to an update to Android?

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Made my phone MUCH more stable!!! No more random reboots, no loss of call signal or inability to make calls... Bout time they sent this update out! I dont hate my phone anymore!