Welcome

BenLo

Reaction score
Responding to JohnDroid's welcome post. I own an VZW Droid 2 since November. I enjoy it! It feeds my imagination.
Verizon techsupport suggested to look at DROID forums (great idea for me) to find an answer to a particular question which I'll post later.
My first Google search on this topic (supplying text while typing) resulted in a hit, this website on top. I typed: droid forum verizon droid & the motorola droid forum

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community. You have come to the right place to learn and have questions answered. Its amazing how much some ppl actually know about the linux system

OP
BenLo

BenLo

Reaction score
Before posting my question, I must test (for myself) if 'Quick reply to this message' means continuing my first message/post thread alone, or if it includes the nice welcome posts. I'm a true Newbie, but want to stick to the issue to reduce the reading one has to do to understand my question. There probably are other/better ways, like starting a new thread...

OP
BenLo

BenLo

Reaction score
I have a need to show on my Windows desktop PC monitor, what I see on my DROID 2 screen/device.

Or, alternatively, utilize a video cam, to show my whole DROID device (including screen), onto my desktop PC monitor.
I want this for demonstation/teaching purposes for more than two or three people.
It must be live (not the viewing of a captured file).
It must be seen as it is (not a mirror image).

I've done a live demonstration via overhead projector in a classroom, resulting in a mirror image, with low resolution using a ten-year-old cam.
I want to do better. My Verizon techsupport says he's seen it, and suggested I google 'DROID forum'.
I found this forum, I joined yesterday, and this is my first question.

Thanks in advance, I'm willing to spend some money on this...

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe a web cam on a laptop? I mountain bikers use helmet cams that are pretty good in resolution. Maybe rig a small but high resolution helmet cam to work for the mirror image. There is also a rooted screenshot app called "shootme" that will record what you do on the screen like if you want to show a pathway to get to something...

By mirror image what kind of view are you talking about tho? straight on (like on tv), over the shoulder, pointing straight down from overhead?

OP
BenLo

BenLo

Reaction score
252chevyboyz:

Let me try to answer a part of your question "By mirror image..." (in detail) via the best I've achieved so far.

I hooked a Logitech QuickCam Pro4000 webcam via USB to my laptop (without a build-in cam). I downloaded/installed Logitech software. I took a 2-by-4 (from my garage) on edge, and hung the webcam on it, facing down, looking at my DROID 2. I could view the DROID 2, on my laptop screen. It was a live image! So far so good.

Description of the mirror problem: When I touch for example the Menu Key, oriented at the right bottom of my DROID 2, I can see my finger (moving) on my laptop screen, but on the reversed/left side of the image! I called that mirror image, perhaps creating confusion.

Thanks for your quick (1hr 23min) response.:greendroid:

Last edited:

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
What about something like this for the stand?

Desktop Camera Stands - Kent Brand - Newcastle - Cameras - Camera Accessories - heavy camera stand

maybe something like this for the camera?

Microsoft LifeCam Cinema 720p HD-Webcam | Review,Microsoft LifeCam Cinema,HD-Webcam,H5D-00001,Microsoft LifeCam Cinema 720p HD High-Definition Webcam H5D-00001 Performance Review

That description helped clear it up a lot. I can see where that might be problem causing with a 2x4. I'll see what i can come up with. If i see anything ill post and let you know.

Might want to try a flexible camera mount.

New Mini USB 2.0 Webcam Web Cam PC Laptop Camera (Webcam) review at Kaboodle

Photo & Camera - Tripods (hot gadgets)

Hope this can help out with some ideas and possible solutions