Welcome to the Motorola Droid Turbo 2 Forum

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the latest addition of DroidForums.net dedicated to the latest flagship Android Phone: the Motorola Droid Turbo 2! It's great to see another new Droid!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
woot!

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
I look forward to taking a close look at it when it's in the store.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Someone please get this thing...and walk into a walk in freezer , let it cool...and then out into 80 degree heat...why?? I want to see how well it handled the thermal variance..the shock of the 2 extremes..with plastic involved on the inside display(or so I'm guessing) I want to see if it clouds or if condensation appears ..or if nothing happens.. Said it before..2 different materials, 2 different expansion rates...and varying temps due to thermal heat from the processor...

Ok..that's as scientific as i get..except for eating...lol

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Someone please get this thing...and walk into a walk in freezer , let it cool...and then out into 80 degree heat...why?? I want to see how well it handled the thermal variance..the shock of the 2 extremes..with plastic involved on the inside display(or so I'm guessing) I want to see if it clouds or if condensation appears ..or if nothing happens.. Said it before..2 different materials, 2 different expansion rates...and varying temps due to thermal heat from the processor...

Ok..that's as scientific as i get..except for eating...lol
Only if I can have a few beers while in there and someone buys me a plane ticket. Ohio and 80 degree days aren't happening for about 8 months.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Still got em here..but this phone doesn't have my curiosity...maybe something will happen and that will change..kinda doubt it..

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
They've gone back to sdcard slots....interesting.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
They've gone back to sdcard slots....interesting.
I'm glad to see they are including an SD slot again. The Turbo 2 has a 2 TB capacity. The SD Card probably will cost more than the phone...lol...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I saw that. 2 TB on a phone is a little excessive.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Should consider trading in turbo 1 for turbo 2 considering the amount of data storage I have left over from my 64 GB ballistic nylon version.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Yes, with removable storage as an option, the 32G model would work very well. Also depends on the price difference between 32G and 64G in both the phones and the memory cards.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Yes, with removable storage as an option, the 32G model would work very well. Also depends on the price difference between 32G and 64G in both the phones and the memory cards.
Very true in that regard. I'd expect similar if not exact pricing from last year's model. With that said for the MicroSD card, write speed is what matters. I'd aim for 95mbits/sec write speed. Pricing for 1-2 TB card is still astronomical unless you're into taking 4K video with tons of pictures.