Welcome to scottsrom area for the HTC Rezound

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
We are glad to have you with us and look forward to future development :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Glad you joined df I been using ics 2.1 on my rezound and still loving it. I had a nexus and had to switch it out for the rezound because of radio issues. I hated to get rid of my nexus :frown: but this rom made the transition easier :biggrin:. I am glad it was around as soon as I got the rezound.

steelcitykid

Reaction score
Hey ladies and gents - I recently rooted my rezound, then received the OTA, and had to re-root. I got that accomplished and have a stable "jump off" point now so that I'm basically free to try some stuff without fear.

That said, I tried 2.1 ICS from Scott's and when it rebooted it went into recovery, said a particular file was an older version, and wouldn't proceed from there. I couldn't use recovery (clockwork) either due to the SD card being read first, then refusing to go on. Luckily, I had a micro sd card reader attached to my PC and used that to remove the file it was complaining about, then used recovery to go back. As mentioned I have a stable place saved now should I screw it up again.

I'd love give scott's ics a try, but I didn't have any luck. There isn't a ton of documentation to go with the download so I was hoping you could point out my problem. Happy/thankful for the advice in advanced, ask away.

bigdad63

Reaction score
I know it is a pain because the xda thread is so long, but read through it and they talk about all of the problems encountered, including that one I believe. If its the file that I'm thinking that it is, I believe that you have to erase it before you flash. But don't take my vague word for it, read through the threads. I'm running the 2nd Senseless ICS from Scott and it is running very well except for some minor bugs.

Hey ladies and gents - I recently rooted my rezound, then received the OTA, and had to re-root. I got that accomplished and have a stable "jump off" point now so that I'm basically free to try some stuff without fear.

That said, I tried 2.1 ICS from Scott's and when it rebooted it went into recovery, said a particular file was an older version, and wouldn't proceed from there. I couldn't use recovery (clockwork) either due to the SD card being read first, then refusing to go on. Luckily, I had a micro sd card reader attached to my PC and used that to remove the file it was complaining about, then used recovery to go back. As mentioned I have a stable place saved now should I screw it up again.

I'd love give scott's ics a try, but I didn't have any luck. There isn't a ton of documentation to go with the download so I was hoping you could point out my problem. Happy/thankful for the advice in advanced, ask away.

steelcitykid

Reaction score
I know it is a pain because the xda thread is so long, but read through it and they talk about all of the problems encountered, including that one I believe. If its the file that I'm thinking that it is, I believe that you have to erase it before you flash. But don't take my vague word for it, read through the threads. I'm running the 2nd Senseless ICS from Scott and it is running very well except for some minor bugs.
Will do.

scrosler

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scottsroms.com
The ICS versions are still using the older Android-info.txt. If you accept OTA and then try to flash ICS ROM it will flash then tell you mainver is older. All you need to do is take PH98IMG.zip from the ICS ROM and replace the android-info.txt file from either the OTA or this kernel I posted for other purposes: [BOOT.IMG] WWE 2.01.605.11 - PH98IMG.zip format - Downloads - Scott's ROMSust download that. Take the android-info.txt out of the PH98IMG.zip file. Put it in the PH98IMG.zip that is in the ICS ROM and then you can flash the PH98IMG.

Another method would be to just use CleanFLASH to flash the boot.img from the PH98IMG.zip.

Whichever works best for you.

-Scott

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks that needs to be a sticky.

scrosler

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scottsroms.com
Thanks that needs to be a sticky.

Yeah, one day I am going to dump all my knowledge somewhere. I take too much for granted and thus have not done it so far. If there is anything specific you would like to see documented I would be happy to share. There is not a single jam I cannot get someone out of. Trust me on this, lol. :p

-Scott

Allstar

Reaction score
Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for the CleanRom 4.0.3 ICS build. I got this loaded and I have to say it was super simple. I loved that everything is packaged together and can be done from recovery. No guess work where things go or what to do next. Very precise instructions. Thanks again for such an awesome ROM.