Weird status bar icon

celtic11

Reaction score
My wife's incredible has a strange icon in the notification bar. Its the little guy to the left of the 3G....

621f0108-5cc2-ea5a.jpg

Any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

LockmanB

Reaction score
Looks like the gps icon, and its on. Which means your location is public. You van turn it off in the settings menu.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

lawdawg06

Reaction score
Gps icon.....turn gps off if you want it to go away.....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
celtic11

celtic11

Reaction score
Isn't the one pictured below with the green signal things the GPS icon?

621f0108-5e9b-b2ce.jpg

LockmanB

Reaction score
That is the gps icon for maps/navigation. The other is for other services like 911 I suppose.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
celtic11

celtic11

Reaction score
Ah thanks. I couldn't turn off the 911 location service so the icon stayed but I was able to turn off Verizon location services which made the little signal thingys go away. Trying to implement some battery saving techniques on her phone.

OZFive

Reaction score
Here is a listing of all HTC Sense Notification Tray icons...

Odd that it is missing the GPS icon...

wuDqv.jpg

zE3zj.jpg

Last edited:

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello, i think that is the 911 location service icon. That is what the same symbol has meant with previous phones. There should be a way to disable under settings or location/network settings. Hope this can help and i hope the icon hasnt changed

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The target is e911 and the symbols between it and 3g are location on symbols. They are saying the phone has permission to use the data that e911 is using for your location type apps.
e911 cannot be turned off and the others use no battery so it's not going to kill your battery, just make it easier for your weather, directions and shopping apps to know where you are

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

Orionalias

Reaction score
Ozfive...where did you find that list? Is it in the official android 2.2 manual? The one that's 300 some pages long?

And if you look closely, i believe that icon does show up in the list...First image, 16 icons down, called location setting on. Anyone confirm?

OP
celtic11

celtic11

Reaction score
I'm thinking he was referring to the GPS icon used in maps/navigation ...the one shown in my second picture.

OP
celtic11

celtic11

Reaction score
Oh and that can't be the android 2.2 manual because many of those icons look different on my d1 than my wife's incredible, both running 2.2.

Redneck1984

Reaction score
Similar problem

Nice you got some answer. Maybe off topic, but... I have LG Optimus Me P350, ARC XP 1.3 (based on Cynagenmod 7.2), all worked great until yesterday. I have problem with VPN connection. Tried everything but no luck so I flashed ROM again and install app by app manually (didn't use Titanium backup). I got strange icon in left side of status bar View attachment 63551 which is not listed in manual. I don't know what it is.