Weird SetCPU issue.....

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had SetCPU and overclocked my Eris. I did the old set it and forget it method.

Over the last couple of weeks my Eris had become less and less stable. Rebooting several times a days sometimes. When the thread was posted with tips to make your Eris fast and smooth I reopened SetCPU.

The settings were very strange. My minimum on main tabs were all 248Mhz. But the Max was set to 19Mhz. I couldn't set anything about 568Mhz.

I then did the auto detection and it then allowed me to set everything back as I had it before. But this was very strange.

The good news is that after setting everything back, my Eris is fast and stable again. But I am concerned about that happened. Anyone know what could have caused SetCPU to flake out like this?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Set CPU has some flaws in it. One of them when I was using it was I would leave it in the Performance setting and reset my Droid and it would go back to the standard setting (whatever that was, I am no longer rooted).

I made it a habit to check Set Cpu anytime I reset my Droid to make sure that the settings were correct.