Weird problem when dialing call

BigG422

Reaction score
This has happened a couple times and I cant find anyone else posting about this so I will try. Basically the problem I am having is that sometimes when I try to make a call, the call will connect to the person and say connected on the screen but I can't hear anything out of the handset speaker. The weird part is that if I turn the speakerphone on it works perfectly fine. Turn the speaker phone off and once again no sound from the handset speaker. There doesnt seem to be a rhyme or reason to it as it will do it whenever it wants. The only solution I have found is turning the phone off and then once it comes back from starting up, I once again get the sound from the handset speaker. It is getting REALLY annoying. This problem never really happened the first month I had the phone so it seems it could be an app or the update perhaps but I have no clue. Anyone have any ideas. I am running 2.01 and my phone is rooted but I havent done anything asides from rooting it.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
This has happened a couple times and I cant find anyone else posting about this so I will try. Basically the problem I am having is that sometimes when I try to make a call, the call will connect to the person and say connected on the screen but I can't hear anything out of the handset speaker. The weird part is that if I turn the speakerphone on it works perfectly fine. Turn the speaker phone off and once again no sound from the handset speaker. There doesnt seem to be a rhyme or reason to it as it will do it whenever it wants. The only solution I have found is turning the phone off and then once it comes back from starting up, I once again get the sound from the handset speaker. It is getting REALLY annoying. This problem never really happened the first month I had the phone so it seems it could be an app or the update perhaps but I have no clue. Anyone have any ideas. I am running 2.01 and my phone is rooted but I havent done anything asides from rooting it.

Any chance that your Bluetooth was enabled?

OP
B

BigG422

Reaction score
bluetooth was not enabled. But I do use my headphones via the 3.5 jack during the day, but they were not plugged in any time any of these things happened.

pntr2001

Reaction score
I had this exact problem today, I called verizon and the had me do a factory reset then dial *228 send and option 1. But youhave to make sure you have all your info backed as you will lose it. As soon as I did this my phone is working correctly

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
There are several people having similar problems. There is a thread here somewhere regarding the issue. It has to do with using your 3.5mm jack, and when you unplug your headphones the earpiece doesn't work. I personally haven't had the problem, so I'm not familiar with all of the details, but I'm sure that thread will help you.

edit: here's the link

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...cial-thread-no-sound-after-headphone-use.html

Last edited:

pntr2001

Reaction score
verizon got me fixed up today, had to do a complete clean and reactivate. I haven't used my 3.5 m jack. but atleast they got it working

crspang

Reaction score
I have this same issue. I use an FM transmitter in while using the car dock. I have found that when I unplug from the FM Trans. and then when I RECEIVE a call I can't hear anything except on speaker phone, so the only way I can fix it is to power down the phone and restart.
I started making an OUTGOING call immediately after I unplug from the FM trans, and ever since I started doing that I haven't had any trouble with not being able to hear.
So to make a long story short, whenever you unplug your headset, immediately make a call to your voice mail, if for nothing else just make sure your ear piece is working correctly, if it does not work then, power down and restart.

OP
B

BigG422

Reaction score
I have this same issue. I use an FM transmitter in while using the car dock. I have found that when I unplug from the FM Trans. and then when I RECEIVE a call I can't hear anything except on speaker phone, so the only way I can fix it is to power down the phone and restart.
I started making an OUTGOING call immediately after I unplug from the FM trans, and ever since I started doing that I haven't had any trouble with not being able to hear.
So to make a long story short, whenever you unplug your headset, immediately make a call to your voice mail, if for nothing else just make sure your ear piece is working correctly, if it does not work then, power down and restart.

I figured today, finally that it is indeed the headphone jack that is causing the problem, but it's a software issue, as you have found. I actually found that a way around restarting your phone is to plug the headset in, call your voicemail hang up and then you should be good. I really hope they get this fixed as it is REALLY annoying. Just out of curiosity do you use pandora?

OP
B

BigG422

Reaction score
I was trying to see if I could pinpoint which program was causing the problem but I had the internal music player did it too. Like I said never did it before the update.

xcrosser

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue - phone works with my 3.5 plugin headset, but I can't get the headset to work with Pandora or Google Listen. So do I have to take the phone to Verizon?