Weird glitch with 'power down' menu. Please help!

ooghost1oo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Active
I just bought a (refurbished) Galaxy S7 Active, and it's got a weird problem where the "Power off / Restart / Emergency Mode" screen keeps popping up at random, frequent intervals, as if I'm holding down the lock button. Has anyone had this problem, or know how to fix it? If it's a short inside that can't be fixed, is there a way to disable that menu from coming up? Thanks.

s7.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum. I'm not super familiar with the S7 Active, but it looks like there is a case on the phone in the pic. Does the phone do the same thing with the case removed? Maybe the case is pushing in the power button and triggering the shutdown menu?

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
as far as I know there is no way to disable that menu. It is common on most samsung phones. one thing, there is a reason that it was refurbished. you may want to return if if you just got it.

it could be the case that is doing it as previously mentioned. it also could be because, I hate to use the apple phrase, of the way you are holding or carrying the phone.

OP
O

ooghost1oo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Active
There's no case. That's how the exterior of the phone is built.

The random activating of the device menu is happening with no touching of the buttons at all.