Weird Contact Issue

masiv

Reaction score
I tried to search but couldn't find anything on the forums about this. Could be I'm not quite sure how to phrase it for a search.

I have a weird issue with a couple of contacts. I have two contacts that I added via the phone manually. These contacts do not show up in the contacts list. But if I am addressing a text message, the auto lookup finds them.

I sync with Exchange so I know I can re-enter them in Outlook and sync them up, but I am curious as to why they don't show up in the contacts list. These are the only two that I am aware of that act like this.

I verified that this seems to be normal behavior. I added a new contact via the phone and the new contact does not show in the contact list either.

cpinto

Reaction score
I tried to search but couldn't find anything on the forums about this. Could be I'm not quite sure how to phrase it for a search.

I have a weird issue with a couple of contacts. I have two contacts that I added via the phone manually. These contacts do not show up in the contacts list. But if I am addressing a text message, the auto lookup finds them.

I sync with Exchange so I know I can re-enter them in Outlook and sync them up, but I am curious as to why they don't show up in the contacts list. These are the only two that I am aware of that act like this.

I verified that this seems to be normal behavior. I added a new contact via the phone and the new contact does not show in the contact list either.

Common Problem ...

The answer is that you are not displaying them all.

Do this:

Open CONTACTS > MENU > DISPLAY OPTIONS

Check all accounts to be sure everything is displayed.

For example, you mave have stored a corporate contact, but you are only displaying google contacts.

Contacts management is weak link with Android in my opinion. Should be simplified.

OP
masiv

masiv

Reaction score
I messed with the settings and found where the problem was. Thanks. Yeah, who would think that when someone adds a contact via the phone that they would actaully want it to show up in their contacts??? Thanks again.

FamousLastX

Reaction score
Hey guys, all need Droid user here, and I've just picked up the DX two days ago. Loving the phone so far, but I just have one minor gripe that's causing quite the annoyance. All of my contacts appear to be set up fine, however, my girlfriend's contact has an issue, where whenever she texts me back I receive the text from [email protected] as if she was sending a text to an email instead of the phone itself. This makes it so that all her contact information doesn't actually show up, and if I reply to this text then it sends her a message back as if it came from an email with: "(The Message) The Message" repeated like that. Odd bug to say the least, and if anyone knows how to fix it, it'd be quite appreciated. Thanks!

Power

Reaction score
Check your contact list to see if you have her set up with that email address. If so delete it and add just her cell number.

May also be how she's sending to you. If she is actually emailing you a text it can come across that way. There is also the option of sending a text via Verizon's site so might want to check with how she's sending.

FamousLastX

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I initially had that address is my gmail address book, but i have since deleted that, and the contacts have synced to acknowledge that fact. The only thing linked to her contact is her phone number.
She's definitely just using the regular text messaging feature on her phone. Not sure if the problem is on her end or mine. Her's is the only number, I have this issue with, but I'm the only person who has this issue with texts from her, so I am honestly stumped.