Websites won't refresh.

Braun

Reaction score
Before the update, my websites, that I have as shortcut icons on my home page, would refresh if I switched back and forth between sites or if I used advanced task killer to close them. Now, they pop up right where I left off from before unless I shut my phone off.

This bugs me because I have to keep hitting the refresh button everytime to get up to the second information. My Droid also gets stuck when I go from mobile version to full version, I imagine from the same refresh problem. I have to shut off my phone and restart it to get back to mobile version.

Anyone else have this problem or solutions? Everything else seems to work fine. I removed the ATK on my phone.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
ATK used to kill the browser but in 2.2 they've blocked task killers, from what I understand. So, the first thing you should do is uninstall ATK. Don't kill tasks.

Now then, what you're seeing is the behavior that most people like. Leave a web page open in a browser and it should NOT reload. I'm not sure what you can do if you want it to reload when you go back to the browser, though.

OP
B

Braun

Reaction score
ATK used to kill the browser but in 2.2 they've blocked task killers, from what I understand. So, the first thing you should do is uninstall ATK. Don't kill tasks.

Now then, what you're seeing is the behavior that most people like. Leave a web page open in a browser and it should NOT reload. I'm not sure what you can do if you want it to reload when you go back to the browser, though.

Yep, I did uninstall ATK. I am getting used to not having the page reload. I just have to hit the refresh button I guess.

harrellj

Reaction score
Are you using the stock browser? If so, try Dolphin Hd (long press on soft back key and can totally close out from browser as well as delete cache/history). Due to this, launching shortcuts should be updated.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
B

Braun

Reaction score
Are you using the stock browser? If so, try Dolphin Hd (long press on soft back key and can totally close out from browser as well as delete cache/history). Due to this, launching shortcuts should be updated.

I've never heard of Dolphin HD until now. Instead of Google you mean? Any downsides to using Dolphin HD?

harrellj

Reaction score
Yep, its an alternate browser like xscope/skyfire. I've used Dolphin for several months without problems and it is a popular browser. I switched ages ago because I love tabbed browsers and the ability to use gestures is gravy.

I bet if you search the forums there'll be a number of posts referencing Dolphin.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use Dolphin HD too. As harrellj says, you can choose Exit in Dolphin HD so when you go back to the browser the web pages won't be there at all. However, you don't have to exit Dolphin HD browser when you're done using it so your pages can still be there waiting for you and you'd have to refresh them just like with the stock browser.

Yes, Dolphin HD is an alternative to the stock Google browser. It has tabs and you can set the user agent to desktop/computer so you can see full blown websites instead of mobile versions. Very nice!