Web Capabilities

Entreri

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Been trolling through these forms past few days now, nice font of information here. Few questions though,

Would web streaming work? aka Hulu?

Also, I saw a post on this earlier, but i dont think there was a definitive answer, would flash or java based games be playable? aka addictinggames.com

Thirdly, On my itouch i had gameboy emulators, I have read that this is possible on droid, whats the big deal with roms? Mods please dont close because of this question, thats not the most helpful way to approach it.

Finally, I jailbroke my itouch within a few hours of buying it, I read about the possibility of doing that DROID, just curious about what rooting could do, seeing as platform is so open already.

Thanks in advance all.

moosc

Reaction score
No flash yet so no flash games. No hulu of web streaming yet. Rooting bricks your Droid.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Flash is coming to Android operating systems. If you had an emulator already then you would understand that roms are simply the games. There's plenty of rom sites out there to download whatever game you'd like. Usually the websites for protection and their safety say that the user downloading the rom should own the game to prevent piracy.

Somewhat intriguing because these games now are in the history books. If anything the gaming companies should support roms for ancient video game systems to help build up the legacy of some of these classic games and to keep them in our consciousness.

OP
E

Entreri

Reaction score
ok thanks for the answers, I knew what roms are, but wasn't sure why a mod locked a post for even mentioning them. And that makes sense, almost parallel to old classics (aka the godforsaken "classic" The Scarlet Letter) being open for total download legally.

In response to bricking answer, I have jailbroken twenty or so iDevices, and none of them ever went "brick". I'm assuming the process is similar, but i dont have any experince with Android OS or Linux.

Thanks again.

OP
E

Entreri

Reaction score
Oh, one more thing;
When you download an app that changes features of the phone (handcent), not just a program in itself (game), do you have to have it running? Or is it like iDevice, and just changes your UI? Hopefuly that makes sense.
Thanks

LordKastle

Reaction score
If handcent is your default messaging program it will simply act as your messaging program. I never have to load it up specifically. Most apps won't change any features of your phone unless the purpose is to change the home screen. So most likely you'd have to have the program open...or at least running in the background.

OP
E

Entreri

Reaction score
Alright cool, thanks for the responses.