WeatherBug Elite

Genisis

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed if WeatherBug Elite has had any changes that now make it not compatible with the D2? My D2 is rooted and running Liberty 2+ and I got a notice last night that there was an update to WeatherBug Elite, so, I went to update it and the market told me "the selected item could not be found"?!?! :icon_eek: So...went to the market on the www and it wasnt list there as well. Finally went to my google checkout list and found it that way...but when I went to install it, it said it wasnt compatible with my device. Any one else having this problem??????

zero7404

Reaction score
i got the same message in the market. wen i search for it, the elite version is not available .... maybe they took it off the market for some reason ... not sure.

in the meantime im using motorola's weather widget, which isnt bad. maybe ill ditch elite - i hardly ever use most of the features in it.

posted via android

OP
G

Genisis

Reaction score
IMO I think its a little lame that one can pay for an app and then its just yanked with no notice from Google. They could send an Email to all paying customers of the app to at least give them SOME sort of heads up or something to at least let a paying customer know "something".

Ive checked WeatherBug's site and there is nothing at all as to why this has happened.

Im not saying $1.99 is going to break the bank, but, just pulling it or letting WeatherBug take money from potentially thousands of people and not giving any explanation of any kind it just poor customer service from both parties. Just saying....

Beardface

Reaction score
Its gone... Not in the mobile market or even in the Android Market online.

Thats a bit messed up. I paid for the services and now its gone? I feel like they've just stolen my money. If I were to wipe or change phones, I'd no longer be able to use it. Thats wrong.

zero7404

Reaction score
relax folks ... it was prolly pulled due to an issue, i doubt they would permanently yank it. they would have to issue refunds to those that paid for it if that was the case.

jimmydene84

Reaction score
I got it off the amazon app store. It was one of the first free paid apps they do. If u haven't checked out amazons app store u shud.

mrgigabyte

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 8
They fix everything got rid of the bad stuff new version is 2.5 351 working good on my droid x glad to see weatherbug listen to customers complaints and did something about it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

zero7404

Reaction score
no i dont think they fixed everything ....
the temp notifications i had set to display on my status bar only works half the time and its been like this for me over 3 different droids.

i stopped using it anyway, the motorola weather widget is enough for me i dont bother with camera views, radar views, etc. just need the current weather and forecast.

sent via android