We Are the Forum

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are getting new members in here all the time. I like to take some time to say hi to them. I frequently go into the new members area to do so. Some have become very knowledgable. And they are doing it in at a very fast pace. Maybe in some cases a bit too fast.

Sure we are here to learn, but we're also suppose to enjoy ourselves. Gaining knowledge about the Droid is great, but you have to be human and not come off like a know it all. Humility shows good character.

I think you gain respect when you offer help to someone who requests it. But when you do it and write a dissertation about something you've just learned or done, that is purely egotistical.

It may win you a few admirers here and there, but the majority of people will be repulsed and will have no respect for you.

If someone disagrees with you, rather then get furious about it just don't respond. It's a discussion, not a battle.

We have one of the best forums around and everybody is welcome. I'd like for it to stay that way. And I'm not telling anybody how to behave. Just asking some people to think and act mature before they post. Remember its our forum. It doesn't belong to me or even the admins. It certainly doesn't belong to the top posters. It belongs to everyone. Lets keep it fun.

Just something to think about.:)

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
i love this site. its the best around. the people are so nice. and very helpful. the mods and admins work very hard to keep the site working smooth. my hats off to everyone who works to make this site the way it is. :icon_ banana:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do I come off this way???

I hope I don't...and if I do I don't mean too

Last edited:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We are getting new members in here all the time. I like to take some time to say hi to them. I frequently go into the new members area to do so. Some have become very knowledgable. And they are doing it in at a very fast pace. Maybe in some cases a bit too fast.

Sure we are here to learn, but we're also suppose to enjoy ourselves. Gaining knowledge about the Droid is great, but you have to be human and not come off like a know it all. Humility shows good character.

I think you gain respect when you offer help to someone who requests it. But when you do it and write a dissertation about something you've just learned or done, that is purely egotistical.

It may win you a few admirers here and there, but the majority of people will be repulsed and will have no respect for you.

If someone disagrees with you, rather then get furious about it just don't respond. It's a discussion, not a battle.

We have one of the best forums around and everybody is welcome. I'd like for it to stay that way. And I'm not telling anybody how to behave. Just asking some people to think and act mature before they post. Remember its our forum. It doesn't belong to me or even the admins. It certainly doesn't belong to the top posters. It belongs to everyone. Lets keep it fun.

Just something to think about.:)

Agreed. I wasn't sure where that title was leading, maybe to a video of "We Are The World, We Are The Forum"?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
ahh don't really care if people do think I come off like what hook is describing...I'm not trying to be the top poster, I just enjoy trying to help people figure out their Droids...and to have fun talking to everybody...isn't that why we're here anyway??

Oh well...I'm just gonna keep doing what I have been doing...cause I know I'm not doing anything wrong... :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great post Hook!! If you see me acting/posting this way be sure to smack/spank me via PM. Keep up the good work:icon_ banana:

Agreed. I wasn't sure where that title was leading, maybe to a video of "We Are The World, We Are The Forum"?

:rofl3: that was great

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel like I wrote a song and everybody likes the lyrics but nobody can figure out which person or persons I'm speaking off. I will ne er tell but I can say it isn't anybody that has responded to the post. And that's the last I'll say about it.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Great post Hook!! If you see me acting/posting this way be sure to smack/spank me via PM. Keep up the good work:icon_ banana:

:rofl3: that was great

Yeah, but I didn't mean to hurt Hook's feelings. His was a great post. I just couldn't stop my twisted brain from referencing the song. My apologies, Hook.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I feel like I wrote a song and everybody likes the lyrics but nobody can figure out which person or persons I'm speaking off. I will ne er tell but I can say it isn't anybody that has responded to the post. And that's the last I'll say about it.
I was only having fun Hook. It was a really good post. But can you say that the song "We are the World" didn't enter your mind just once? :icon_ devil:

droider4life

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with "hook" this forum rocks.. hell I have pretty much replaced Facebook with this place I love to try to learn as much as I can and to see familiar names everytime I get on here.. keep up the good work guys... like they say "check ur ego at the door" if everyone continues to do so this place will continue to rock!!!

Silver Member
Reaction score
We are the DROID
We are the forums
We are the ones who make a post count, count
So let's start posting
There's a call we're making
We're using Google Voice
It's true we'll save on minutes
And make calls for free