WaveSecure

silverx10

Reaction score
So there's an application to help you lock down your phone in the event that it's lost or stolen, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is, indeed, on the Android Marketplace.

https://www.wavesecure.com/

The app is currently in beta, it's free, and registration for the service is (currently) free. I didn't test all of the functionality, but I did try the remote lock, and I gotta say: that alarm is downright annoying.

Which of course, is what I think they're going for.

It gives you the option to do a backup (which will backup your contacts, call logs, and SMS data) and remote wipe (which I'll be honest, I'm hesitant to try), as well as some location tracking abilities. You can even set buddy SMS numbers so that if your phone is stolen, SMS's get sent to the specified friends.

Pretty slick so far, though obviously, here's hoping its users never have a real need for it.

ldimick

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I find these to be more informative than what you see on download sites such as - "IT ROX!" Really? How?

Nice to know it is actually of some value.

jazzgalaxy

Reaction score
Longtime troll, first time caller.

Anyone having issues with this one? It keeps telling me "Unable to connect to the server! This phone may be lost or stolen. Please connect to the internet and relaunch WaveSecure Beta to verify!"

Any ideas?

Thx!

schmaltzy

Reaction score
I understand the concept and it's a great idea. BUT, how does this work with the Droid on the verizon network? I didn't think they had SIM cards? When I boot up the program it tells me "Your buddies will be alerted by SMS when your phone is stolen and a new SIM is inserted." How does this app with a sim-less phone?

coondogg97

Reaction score
WaveSecure just won the prize for Android Developer Challange. Great app, and yes, the lock alert is LOUD and OBNOXIOUS! But the app is working well.

Fernandoborda

Reaction score
motorola droid is not compatible with the program or system yet. thats why u recive a connection problem.

jazzgalaxy

Reaction score
Apparently, plenty of people are having success with it. I wonder if I'm having some type of conflict with apps. Does anyone using it have any other backup apps installed?

mightybrick

Reaction score
https://www.wavesecure.com/phones.aspx#motorola tell me where you see motorola droid? i got the software from market and when i try to connect it says: unable to connect to the server! THIS MAY BE A LOST OR STOLEN PHONE. please connect to the internet and relaunch wavesecure beta to verify! PLEASE HELP.
I can't tell you where I see Motorola Droid, because its not on there. I can tell you though, that it runs fine on my Droid. It connects to the server fine, it backs up my data, etc. One thing though, are you sure you have a data connection? Wifi or 3G? Maybe that's your problem.

Apparently, plenty of people are having success with it. I wonder if I'm having some type of conflict with apps. Does anyone using it have any other backup apps installed?
I don't have any other backup apps installed.

Fernandoborda

Reaction score
I have 3g and wifi :mad: so verizon sold me a stolen phone? lol whatever one day will work.
but if i pay for the full version i am sure it will work. money makes everything works. ty for your help.

mightybrick

Reaction score
I have 3g and wifi :mad: so verizon sold me a stolen phone? lol whatever one day will work.
but if i pay for the full version i am sure it will work. money makes everything works. ty for your help.
Sorry. I wish I knew what more to suggest to help you get it working. :confused: