Want to go to Apex2.0 from 1.4

dano_droid2

Reaction score
So I rooted my phone a month (or so) ago and went with the Apex1.4.1 ROM. I like it, but lately it's been giving me a little grief (rebooting on its own, giving me a process fail sometimes)....so, I'd like to move to 2.0. Looking into it I need to have Gingerbread etc. to put 2.0 on. First of all, WTF is Gingerbread? Second, is putting it on like flashing the ROM all over again, and once I flash that on then I put 2.0 on? Could someone please give me a helping hand? Thanks in advance!

siriusgamer

Reaction score
Gingerbread is Android OS version 2.3. All of the versions of android since 1.5 have been named after desserts. Since you are using Apex 1.4.1, your on 2.2, which is named froyo. Before you can flash Apex 2.0, you need to flash the monster gingerbread leak beforehand. It's called a leak because it hasn't been officially released by Motorola and Verizon (may change very soon) Go here and read everything you need to know about flashing gingerbread --> How to: Get Rooted Gingerbread on DROID 2 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog Once you have followed the directions in the link, you should be on the gingerbread leak for the D2. Once your on that leak, you can use any gingerbread ROM. And yes, flashing gingerbread is like flashing a ROM, but since you want Apex 2.0, your essentially flashing 2 ROMs, first gb and then apex.

Last edited:
OP
D

dano_droid2

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks for the help. That's pretty much the way I understood it, but wasn't quite sure. I'm going to see if I can pull this off today. I was amazed at how fast my droid2 was just after putting Apex1.4 on, I can hardly wait to get to 2.0!

acsteve

Reaction score
Thanks Siriu,
thats so happens to be exactly what I was looking for. I have a good understanding now, as I am reading all the roms I may or may not flash..

Again thanks
Steve