Want to Flash droid 2 so i can update and reinstall a new rom

Waratilla

Reaction score
Hey, i cant figure out how to flash my phone, or even just remove the rom and unroot it so i can update my phone to the current version and install a better "cooler" rom. my current version is 2.2.20.A955. Any help would be greatly appreciated

swagmonster

Reaction score
Are you running a rom?
If yes-id be assuming u have koushs bootstrap app bcuz with out it u can't get into CW, just go back into recovery and flash the nandroid you made of stock settings and update,
If no stock nandroid then u have to sbf
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you running a rom?
If yes-id be assuming u have koushs bootstrap app bcuz with out it u can't get into CW, just go back into recovery and flash the nandroid you made of stock settings and update,

Well said

tappin and a talkin

swagmonster

Reaction score
Why thanx spaz if you need a link to sbf let me know/i think theres one in spazs sig

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you running a rom?

Even if you have a stock back up that doesn't mean you won't have issues. I had to sbf even with a stock back up.

swagmonster

Reaction score
Are you running a rom?

Even if you have a stock back up that doesn't mean you won't have issues. I had to sbf even with a stock back up.

True and i forgot u need to have all bloatware installed

OP
W

Waratilla

Reaction score
Are you running a rom?

im running epic rom, i have droid 2 bootstrapper, see the thing is i dont know how to go into recovery and flash, thats what im asking :D i dont wanna blow up my phone i just wanna go back to stock, update, unroot, install new rom/customize to my own will xD thanks guys for all the help appreciate it

OP
W

Waratilla

Reaction score
Yeah i tried and it did nothing =/

Did you did you do Bootstrap Recovery wait for it to say success then do Reboot Recovery and that should reboot.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

i tried doing that and i got an error saying

Error Running exec()/
Command:[su, -c, . /data/data/
com.koushidutta.
droid2.bootstrap/files/
surunner.sh]Working
Directory: null Enviroment:
null

and @Swagmonster
i dont have clockwork installed, should i?

swagmonster

Reaction score
Ya lol that is the source of your problem the d2 has a lockedboot loader that prevents us from flashing unsigned zips with stock bootloader, so someone invented clockworkrecovery which is a custom recovery that allows us to flash zips, without that everything your doing is useless

So this is the fix.... dowwload ROM manager from market use that to get clockwork, use koushs BS and then flash your new awesomesauce ROM or go back to stock nandroid to update, if u dont have a stock nandroid you get to go on the great adventure of sbfing

OP
W

Waratilla

Reaction score
Ya lol that is the source of your problem the d2 has a lockedboot loader that prevents us from flashing unsigned zips with stock bootloader, so someone invented clockworkrecovery which is a custom recovery that allows us to flash zips, without that everything your doing is useless

So this is the fix.... dowwload ROM manager from market use that to get clockwork, use koushs BS and then flash your new awesomesauce ROM or go back to stock nandroid to update, if u dont have a stock nandroid you get to go on the great adventure of sbfing

okay i got ROM manager downloaded, now i just need koushs bootstrapper? and then im all set to go? also how do i know if i have a stock nandroid, and sbfing? getting a little ahead of me haha thanks again for the help though

swagmonster

Reaction score
ok so you would know if you had a nandroid of stock because you would have had to do that, normally you do this as soon as you root, think of it as a failsafe. if you diddnt do that then sbfing it is let me know about the back up and ill link you to the sbf, honestly idk if i did it right, BUT i got my hands on a system only of 2.3.2 and used CW to flash it, it worked fine whether or not that will work for an update i have no clue, anybody else is welcome to chime in and call out my mistake if what i did was indeed a mistake,