Wall charger advice

Big Cam

Reaction score
I'd like a solid asnwer to thsi too, if just wanted a second wall charger, which one should I get?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd like a solid asnwer to thsi too, if just wanted a second wall charger, which one should I get?
You'll be fine as long as it's output is over 854ma. So to be safe... buy a charger that's rated for 1000mA. You won't have any issues.

natty_lite

Reaction score
I remember my G1 had screen sensitivity issues whenever I'd use my old Moto Razr adapter to charge it. Also, I was recently using the charger to my bluetooth headset for my Droid, and it worked fine up until a few days ago. Now my phone will not charge with that plug, or any of my other micro USB chargers for that matter. That scared the hell out of me, so I immediately grabbed the supplied Droid charger and it fortunately works just fine.

Long story short, I will not use non OEM chargers on my phone. Replacing those are much easier and most importantly cheaper than replacing my phone. I suggest others tread carefully

liquidzoo

Reaction score
My $0.02

When I was looking for a second charger, I went into the VZW store. Both the OEM charger and the dock were the exact same price ($29.99). I got the dock and love it. I figured if they were the same price, why not.

Rudy

Reaction score
My $0.02

When I was looking for a second charger, I went into the VZW store. Both the OEM charger and the dock were the exact same price ($29.99). I got the dock and love it. I figured if they were the same price, why not.

My $0.02,

Never buy anything from a verizon store (even phones, I got a better deal pricematching dell.com at best buy)

Here's a $4 charger: the more you order, the cheaper it is. And it's 1000ma as an above poster noted you need.

Wall Outlet (Part 1)
USB Cable (Part 2, I'd buy 10 of these)

Last edited:

asmallchild

Reaction score
Are all USB cable chargers the same? I know there are reported issues with the Storm wall charger. How about the Storm USB cable charger?

JamesX

Reaction score
Fairly sure all USB charger are the same.

USB voltage and such are all standardized.

Rudy

Reaction score
I think by buying the wall outlet seperately, it is not only more versatile for more applications, but it is also future proofed should you ever get a new phone with a different plug (hopefully everything will be micro usb for awhile).

It also lets you choose the length of USB cable you use. I have a plug in almost every room of my house.

EDIT: Apparently the first one i posted is not 1000mha, some of the reviews are against it. Odd, as monoprice is very well respected. I updated it to the white model, which has much better reviews(http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10311&cs_id=1031106&p_id=4874&seq=1&format=2) looks like it works better

Last edited: