Wake up and new feature?

Jiggs

Reaction score
I am not rooted and have ota gingerbread. I use no lock. Before the update I could wake up the screen by pressing any key on the keyboard. Now it only wakes when you press the volume or power buttons. Any way to get it back to any key?
Also this new feature: New ability to enter numbers and symbols with keyboard shortcut combos, instead of having to change to the numeric keyboard mode." How do you get it to work?
While on that how can you get numbers to appear without pressing the alt key or can you? How do you change the numeric mode anyway to put in more than one number other than pressing it?
Thanks
Bruce

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I am not rooted and have ota gingerbread. I use no lock. Before the update I could wake up the screen by pressing any key on the keyboard. Now it only wakes when you press the volume or power buttons. Any way to get it back to any key?
Also this new feature: New ability to enter numbers and symbols with keyboard shortcut combos, instead of having to change to the numeric keyboard mode." How do you get it to work?
While on that how can you get numbers to appear without pressing the alt key or can you? How do you change the numeric mode anyway to put in more than one number other than pressing it?
Thanks
Bruce
I use no lock also...I don't know of any way to change the volume rocker as the method of waking the phone or change the config back to previous Gingerbread settings. Maybe the developer will update the app for Gingerbread users.

OP
J

Jiggs

Reaction score
I checked with the developer. It is not a function of no lock. It is a change that was made from Froyo to Gingerbread. So they have essentially eliminated a feature that I liked. If someone has a fix I would like to hear it. Also any answers on the numeric would be helpful.
Thanks

autostadt

Reaction score
I checked with the developer. It is not a function of no lock. It is a change that was made from Froyo to Gingerbread. So they have essentially eliminated a feature that I liked. If someone has a fix I would like to hear it. Also any answers on the numeric would be helpful.
Thanks

For NoLock, the only fix I know of to make keys wake phone is to root and then assign keys "wake_dropped" value...this is what I've done and it works now as it did with Froyo.