Waiting...

kwood

Reaction score
Hello all im new to the forums, i don't have a droid yet, i am waiting on the funds i should have them sometime monday or tuesday. Then its time to get my droid.

Im 24 years old, and i am a Staff Sergeant in the U.S. Air force, i work on KC-10 and C-17 aircraft, I'm married with 2 kids, and its finally daddy's turn to get a new toy, i cant wait!

Is there anything that you all would reccommend getting immediatly when purchasing the phone or plan, etc? thanks alll

O yeah if i orderer my phone from VZW over the phone on tuesday how long do you think it would take to reach me?

/end ramble thanks

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome

:welcome: to the forum and as Cornicakes said. Thanks for what you do! as far as the Droid goes. If you order on Tuesday you will have 2 choices. Either NDA (usually extra or 2 day air. Meaning if you get you order in early. You should get it by Christmas eve!

as far as must have stuff. take a look in the App section. Handcent seems to be one most are set on. It's a replacement for the stk. SMS or MMS app. I use it every day and it rocks! Beautiful widgets, Backgrounds,....the list goes on and on. The OS and device are just awesome.

Enjoy yourself here. There are lots of folks who like to help and great information available too! Once again thanks for what you do! Have a great day

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome and thank you for your service to our country sir. I just heard 5 more of those C17's have been ordered.

Enjoy your Droid and good luck to you.

boatman2220

Reaction score
Welcome to the fun. It gives you a little time to read up about things a little. Get a file manager, the Droid doesn't have a onboard manager. Read all the reviews on apps in the market ,some don't Play Well with the Droid. Try to install any when you have time to check it out. Yowu can return the app in 24hrs ,if you don't like it.

OP
kwood

kwood

Reaction score
They told me 2 days (free shipping).

And hello.

So you think if i order it tuesday morning it would be here by christmas? what do you have to do to set up your phone and change your plan around when you order the phone...? im assumin you have to take it into a verizon store to change my cell plan around and stuff?

boatman2220

Reaction score
Open a Google email account, you can get Verizon to sync and set everything up for you, if you are more comfortable, until you are more used to the phone and it's menus. Be looking around the wallpapers here and start downloading some. When you get it you can make Ringtone, Notification, Wallpaper, and other folders that you can drag and drop onto your phone's memory card. After your contacts are set open them up. Touch the person's icon and hold down a few seconds, you'll get a menu to personalize that contact. Everywhere you go LONG TOUCH and the button on the phone with the lines (menu ) brings up stuff you'd never know about.

OP
kwood

kwood

Reaction score
thanks ill be sure to do that, i just wish i knew how much everything was going to cost a month you know because you pay for the data plan and then you pay for a text messaging plan correct? im just so confused!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome from a Jarhead....