VZW Customer Service Experience Good or Bad???

androidweirdo

Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else on here at Droidforums but I in particular have "ALWAYS" had bad customer service wether it's the rep talking over me, talking in a rude and offensive tone, refusing my right to speak to a supervisor or just hanging up on me. So what I want to know is what are your customer service experiences???

this is what someone said on the verizon support community about their CS

" John Stratton, executive vice president and chief operating officer for Verizon Wireless, said in response to a J.D. Power and Associates’ ranking, "Our goal at Verizon Wireless has consistently been to offer an outstanding customer experience and our standing in this latest survey is yet one more signal that our customers vote us the best wireless company in the U.S." I disagree with this statement. My dealings with customer service has been anything but outstanding! Most of the times I have called in, the staff has been condescending and unhelpful. I am glad to find I am not the only one who is having trouble with the Droid 2 and with customer service. I am a RN in a very busy cardiac catherization lab and the hospital uses our phones for the Emergency Notification System (If someone has a heart attack, I have 25 minutes to be back at the hospital & ready for a possible unstable patient, an ambulance can activate us from a person's house) Last year,I bought a new Droid 2. It broke in Oct after less than 6 months. I battled Executive Customer service & got a NEW one, not a refurb. I then talked my S.O.in to leaveing AT&T & join Verizon. He got a Droid2 also. His broke a few months later, he got a refurb, & it broke within 6 weeks. He just received his 3rd phone in 6 months. My new phone is currently shutting down w/o notice, the keyboard doesn't text correctly, I can't email or set ringtones. I have gone through tech support, hard resets,had the tech @ the store attempt to fix it. I have been speaking to customer service for 3 weeks trying to get a new phone because I don't trust the refub phones. I have repeatedly asked for a supervisor,emailed and asked for a supervisor, & it has taken 3 weeks to speak to one. I offered to pay for a new phone & extend my contract but no one will work with me. this event is causing me so much anxiety I am willing to cancel both contracts at a VERY steep price just to go back to AT&T.
All I needed was a new phone I can trust while I am on call & dealing with people's lives. My call starts in the AM for the next 48 hrs and I don't have a functioning phone that i trust. I was sent a refurb but I am now out of time & can't set it up before my call starts. How can Verizon say they have great customer service when they are rude to their customers and won't let people speak to supervisors? AND when a customer is willing to compromise, no one is willing to work with you. If I treated my patients in this manner, I would be called on the carpet!"

Worst customer service ever! - Verizon Wireless Community

that is one comment out of many stating the bad customer experiences many have had. :frown:

zachdroid

Reaction score
I've never had anything but great experiences with cs. The service provided to me is second to none. That is why I will stick with vzw. The last 4 tines I've called no hold has been longer than 1 minute and the help has always been exemplary

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

tommyg562000

Reaction score
If your not mean, rude, or condesending to them they won't be to you. Never had a problem with vzw customer service, its by far the best customer service of any industry.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
I worked prepaid customers service then tech support for them before going back to school and you would be surprised how much they try to teach about making sure the customers happy. But ...contract is different. Still same policy both ways

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

mozar

Reaction score
i've never had any problems with VZW CS. the only time i have any problem with when i go into the store, but over the phone they are by far the best i've ever dealt with.

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
Totally agree ...store is worst situation. Had my og DROID break would charge anymore told me they wouldn't replace because of water damage that wasn't visible or proven and to call insurance. Read a policy when I worked cs and saw a in store insurance replacement program which can be done in three scenarios which are leaving town emergency or customer is unsatisfied which I was leaving town the next day didn't offer or even say they could help even when I asked for a manger.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
androidweirdo

androidweirdo

Reaction score
If your not mean, rude, or condesending to them they won't be to you. Never had a problem with vzw customer service, its by far the best customer service of any industry.

i've never been rude, mean ect. It's just the way they handle things and I am very unpleased by it

godofwar

Reaction score
You know you can get out of your contract without paying the redicolous fees right it was a post here on the forums you have the fcc to back you

paul gyver

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

This.

Also I always start the conversation with "Hi, I really need your help....."

OP
androidweirdo

androidweirdo

Reaction score
They were the same way 2 years ago as well, So nothing has changed IMO:frown:

I mean i like their coverage and their phone selection but not the way they handle things, For example they tried to switch me to a 2GB tier package without my permission or notifying my and when i called the rep was very rude about it after i calmly asked for a supervisor saying and i quote "i can not transfer you to a supervisor as my supervisor is very busy and are not accepting phone calls right now but i can have one call you back as soon as possible" and every time i told them to call back it would take 2 days. So I told the rep to find a supervisor that was not busy and transfer me and then she got real snotty but finally i got transfered and the supervisor was just as bad, They tried to blame it on me for switching between a basic LG Env3 and the Dinc2 but i could help it as the Dinc2 was having problems and since i was switching so much between refurbished smartphone and old basic phone they ASSUMED that i was switching plans, But i finally got that fixed. But i've had to call verizon on multiple problems that shouldn't even be happening and every time i call all they say "oh well I'm sorry to hear that let's see what we can do to resolve this issue" I've heard that so many times that it's predictable. If i could just get up and leave I would but I just don't have the money to pay their outrageous early cancellation fee so i'm just stuck

REMilk

Reaction score
I have both cell/data plan with Verizon Wireless and FIOS for TV, Internet, and land-line phone. My experience with the Verizon's customer service, be it for sales, billing questions, tech support for cell/data or FIOS is extremely positive.

The phone staff have been very patient and responsive to my questions and requests for assistance. Now, they may not have given me the answer or solution that I liked or wanted to hear, but they were always very courteous, helpful, took great pains to provide clear explanations.

At the local Verizon Wireless (corp. store), the staff there has been courteous and very helpful. The wait times at the time can be lengthy, especially on new device release day.

Just my experience, your may differ.

celtic11

Reaction score
I've always had good experiences with vzw. On a side note to the OP, once you go from a smart phone to a feature phone, Verizon has the right to drop you from the unlimited data plan. Its good that they got you back on the plan and it sucks that they were rude but they were just following their protocol in terms of switching your data plan.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Beka27

Reaction score
I've always had good experiences with vzw. On a side note to the OP, once you go from a smart phone to a feature phone, Verizon has the right to drop you from the unlimited data plan. Its good that they got you back on the plan and it sucks that they were rude but they were just following their protocol in terms of switching your data plan.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I've never had bad CS experiences with VZW. Rudeness should not be tolerated IMO, but I think sometimes the issue is that the caller wants something unreasonable, or they are asking the CS reps to go around a policy that is set in place, and therefore, possibly jeopardize their jobs. If you call with a normal issue that the CS rep can remedy, you shouldn't have a problem. If you call demanding "the moon", don't be surprised when the outcome isn't what you want.

To the OP: Like Celtic said, YOU changed YOUR plan when you dropped unlimited data by moving to a feature phone. That is not the fault of CS. They were very nice to "fix it" for you, but honestly, they didn't have to.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have also always had excellent service with Verizon both over the phone and in the store. It is the reason I will never switch to anything else. They have gone above and beyond for me on many occasions... and by beyond I mean doing more than what I asked for or expected.

I have been with them since they were Bell Atlantic. A few times had gone to try out different cheaper companies (t-mobile, at&t) and was back with Verizon within a few days bc the cs was horrible with both tmobile and at&t.

I can give numerous examples. One time I took my water damaged phone into store to see if there was anything they could do. I admitted that I dropped it in the pool. The tech said that the were no signs of water damage bc the water damage indicators never turned color. He told me that it I want to keep the water damage story to myself that he'd be happy to replace the phone for me. And so he did right then and there.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've had to exchange 2 OG droids and had nothing but good service from verizon. They just asked me what the problem was, checked it out for themselves in 3-5min and then said they'll send me a CLNR. They were friendly, attentive, and quick with their service.

Even when I first got my Droid on release day the girl walked me through step-by-step on what to do. Even helped me set up a couple widgets and all that. Ended up spending a good 30min at the store that day, but that's all I got, some help setting up the phone:p

My 2yr is up come Nov so I'll see if their customer service is still the same then.