voltage imput USB D3

FLE

Reaction score
Anyone know the voltage imput need for the USB on D3. I know that a USB 2.0 is 5v. Does the D3 need 5v or more or less for its USB

sarreq

Reaction score
all USB v2 ports take 5v, doesn't matter who makes it our what the device is. it's called a "standard"
you do have to make sure you're providing at least 750mA, however

OP
FLE

FLE

Reaction score
I posted this in the wrong section I am sorry.

OP
FLE

FLE

Reaction score
I know that a usb 2.0 is 5v but that is not a constant it fluxes so as long as its 750mA im good did not know that. What is its lowest flux and the highest flux for the USB 2.0?

leobg

Reaction score
It is the current (mA) rating, not voltage that matters when comes to USB chargers. Voltage is always 5V no more, no less. USB1/2 - doesn't matter

For proper operation of D3 you need charger with current rated at 800 or more mA.

When charging the phone off less powerful charger, you may experience issues like charging taking a lot longer or even not charging at all. 550mA is the bare minimum you need (this is how much PC USB ports supply). Phone will charge slower if charged from a computer, but will eventually charge up.

mdonohue

Reaction score
Any idea if there's a maximum current you should use? The playbook charger is (I believe) 1500 mA, which is twice what the stock charger is, and I don't want to risk just plugging it in. Does anyone have any insight?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

leobg

Reaction score
There is no upper limit. Phone will draw as much power as it requires. Your source can be 10A or even 100A - it doesn't matter.