Voice recognition problems and my fix

cynishere

Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is my first post and after I'm finished some may want to 'smack' me (lol) Here's my story and almost embarrassing solution. I was having major issues with my voice dialer on my Incredible 11. Phoned Verizon, they couldn't help, they connected me to HTC and their only solution was to 'send it in for repair' and sent me BACK to Verizon. This entire process consisted of me being on the phone for FOUR hours (yep...I said 4 hours). But...there is good news and here it is:

I have seen many many posters who are disgusted w/their voice dialer not working properly and want to share my lack of knowledge w/voice dialers as being the culprit. Here goes:

WHEN U WANT PLACE A CALL BY PHONE NUMBER YOU MUST SAY: 'DIAL' (and then the number)

WHEN U WANT TO PLACE A CALL BY 'NAME OF PERSON' YOU MUST SAY: 'CALL' (and the name of the person or business you wish to call).

I was not doing this and was paying absolutely no attention to my initial choice of words when attempting to use my bluetooth set and was getting so frustrated because what I was telling it to 'do' and what it 'was doing' was totally off base and far from who I was wanting to call.

Okay...Now, all of you techies can get your laughs now @ my expense (giggle) but for anyone else who is like me and this is your first experience w/a phone using a voice dialer, this just may be your fix as well. Good Luck!

BTW....Now my voice recognition system works beautifully and I couldn't be happier!