Voice Dialer??

1stdroid

Reaction score
I'm having difficulty with the built in voice dialer.

I carried around a razr for 3 yrs prior to 11-6-09 when I got the droid. I became more accustomed to just saying "call whomever" vs. pressing buttons (or touch screen now) and selecting someone to call.

To state it plainly, the voice dialer on the droid sucks in comparison to the razr. Sure, the razr had some trouble distinguishing certain names but, I would just change them to something more distinct. For example, instead of "home" I used the word "castle" and the razr worked perfectly.

The droid however, struggles to understand anything I say. I get "unrecognized" more often than not. It's nice to have it tell me when to start speaking and all that but, I must admit, I miss simply pressing a button on the side of the razr and saying "call castle" and hearing back "castle, calling" and then the phone just dialed.

Does anybody have any tips for me to get back to that point? Are there significantly better voice dialing apps for the droid?

I'm lazy, I like telling my phone to call people and have it just call them without a lot of questions or additional interaction.

Any help?

get quad

Reaction score
Have you simply tried the Google Voice Search app on the phone and saying "Call John Doe on Mobile" ?

Mine works amazingly well using that particular app and I'm coming from a Treo which had a stellar voice dialer.

csimo

Reaction score
I loved the Voice Dialer app on my original Droid but when I upgraded to the X I was disappointed to see the Voice Dialer app is missing.

The only comparable app I can find on the X is Voice Command which I don't like at all. It often takes 5 seconds to load and requires one extra step that Voice Dialer didn't.

I found two versions of VoiceDialer.apk and have tried both on my X... both force close. I tried a couple of free voice dialer apps from the Market and don't like them either.

Anybody know of a way to get Voice Dialer from the Droid to work on the X?

Thanks,
-Joe

ricks

Reaction score
I loved the Voice Dialer app on my original Droid but when I upgraded to the X I was disappointed to see the Voice Dialer app is missing.

The only comparable app I can find on the X is Voice Command which I don't like at all. It often takes 5 seconds to load and requires one extra step that Voice Dialer didn't.

I found two versions of VoiceDialer.apk and have tried both on my X... both force close. I tried a couple of free voice dialer apps from the Market and don't like them either.

Anybody know of a way to get Voice Dialer from the Droid to work on the X?

Thanks,
-Joe

Try the app called Vlingo. Works great