Voice dial app, over 4,000 contacts

alex1moss7

Reaction score
I understand that the native Droid voice dial app only works w/ databases under ~1,500 contacts -- that certainly matches my experience. I have over 4,000 contacts, the native *voice dial* app has never worked for me. The main *voice search* app doesn't work reliably either -- it goes searching, takes a while, and may or may not pull up my contact names among its many search results. I'm looking for a dedicated voice app for contact search / dialing, e.g. when I'm in the car and don't want to dial manually. Any suggestions? Thanks very much.

Bdog

Reaction score
Wish I could help, but I only found 2 apps. Both were over $3, and only supported up to 1000 contacts

Taegost

Reaction score
The integrated voice dialing in the second leak of FroYo has been an epic fail for me, even with only about 400 contacts... I've had it get the contact right 1 time out of 10, and it seems to be of the mindset that "no means yes" :)
Other then that, I used HF Voice Dial for the longest time because it works really well, but it only supports up to about 1k contacts... But, if you have more then that, if you star the important ones, it'll read those, up to 1k.

OP
A

alex1moss7

Reaction score
$3 doesn't bother me, but 1,000 limitation does. I contacted the HF Voice Dial guy some time ago, he was *very* responsive and helpful, but also told me 1,000-1,500 is the max.

I could star them, but I use stars for my most frequent contacts, that would not work w/ 1,000 stars, plus I constantly change my list, based on which clients are active, new clients, etc., those are the ones I need to be able to voice dial, would need to be constantly changing the stars, that requires a lot of manual management, which is very challenging. Easier to wait for a better solution, but looks like I may be waiting a while.

Thanks for your thoughts.