VNC or RDM application for MAC

D

droidavie

Hello all
I have had a hard time find a VNC or RDM program in the market place that actually works with my Mac Book Pro running Leopard and Motorola Droid........have any Mac users had any luck?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You really need to wait at least a day for a response on any discussion forum site.

toddegreene

Reaction score
Androidvnc works great. I've been using it with my Macs for several months.

OP
D

droidavie

Androidvnc works great. I've been using it with my Macs for several months.

So I've tried this application before, but it didn't work for me, what are your "Sharing" settings like under "System Preferences..." The set up seems pretty straight forward for the droid, so I'm guessing I screwed up something on the mac side....

toddegreene

Reaction score
Apple remote desktop checked. From "access privileges" on "services" tab, select "vnc may control...". Make sure port 5900 in your router is forwarded to the Mac's I.p.

SamOliver

Reaction score
I have tried using Remote VNC and androidVNC, and can't get either one to work. Using Remote VNC I can view my mac, but cannot interact with anything. Using androidVNC I can't even connect. I have my Mac configured so the VNC viewers may control the screen with a password, and my port is forwarded. Can anyone help me with either app?
1.) Does anyone know why Remote VNC will connect but not let me interact with my mac?
2.) Any help connecting androidVNC? This is how I have it configured.
Password: the password I used for "VNC viewers may control the screen using password"
Address: my external IP address
Port: 5900 (which I have forwarded)
All other settings I left unchanged.

SamOliver

Reaction score
I just got androidVNC to work. I thought the nickname could be anything, but apparently it had to be the local host name.

SamOliver

Reaction score
I'd still like to know how to use Remote VNC though, because androidVNC takes painfully long to connect and I like how the mouse is setup on Remote VNC better

SamOliver

Reaction score
I got Remote VNC to work... but only over the same wifi network as the computer. Is there a way to get it to work over 3g or on another network? When I connect over 3g or on another network it just basically gives me a non-updating screen shot of the computer.