Vivo Supposedly Working on Insanely Thin 3.8mm Smartphone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vivo-ultra-thin-smartphone-rumor-1.png

We are going to label this under "rumint" for now because it seems unbelievable. Supposedly, the Chinese OEM Vivo is developing a new smartphone that will be a mere 3.8mm thick. To put that in perspective, that is half the thickness of the 7.6mm iPhone 5S!

We've included what are supposedly leaked images of the phone's profile (above, and in the thread below), but these could obviously be straight up fakes. While we don't find it hard to believe that devices this thin will be coming in the future, it seems unlikely they will come as soon as next year, which is what this report suggests. What do you think?

Last edited:
OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are all of those rumored Vivo ultra-thin smartphone pics:

vivo-ultra-thin-smartphone-rumor-1.png

vivo-ultra-thin-smartphone-rumor-2.png

vivo-ultra-thin-smartphone-rumor-3.png

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Unless it's made out of some freak metal alloy I don't see these phones surviving everyday usage.

Have they also invented a way to cram all of the components into a housing that thin?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Unless it's made out of some freak metal alloy I don't see these phones surviving everyday usage.

Have they also invented a way to cram all of the components into a housing that thin?

Agreed. When you're talking about millimeters, I dont' care. I want a phone that can take being used and not just sitting there looking pretty. The difference between 3.8mm and 6mm is so minor I can't believe its and issue for anyone.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
So in other words, you need a really long extension cord to use the phone, kind of like a land line back in prehistoric age. ;)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
And it only has enough battery power to make one phone call before needing to be recharged!

Yeah, but it charges in 1 minute because the battery is so small.
Soooo, your point is moot good sir.

Omg, Roflol!

Yeah. And of course it has turbo charge capability which gives it 80% capacity (45 second phone call), in only 3 seconds of charge

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
And it only has enough battery power to make one phone call before needing to be recharged!

Yeah, but it charges in 1 minute because the battery is so small.
Soooo, your point is moot good sir.

Omg, Roflol!

Yeah. And of course it has turbo charge capability which gives it 80% capacity (45 second phone call), in only 3 seconds of charge

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No. Just...No.

Stop it.

(All of the good battery and bendgate posts were already taken. I got nothing else...Unless the thing is as big as an ipad mini in order to fit the squished components in there.)