Visual voice mail volume low even when set to maximum volume

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
Hey out there --------

I have a visual voice mail app on my phone ( from Verizon ) . I like the feature --- but even with my volume set to maximum the sound on the voice mail is pretty quiet ... Is there some internal setting to increase that , or will there be an update to fix that .
Thanks in advance ---------- I'm really enjoying all of the interesting ideas in these forums ... Much over my head, but I'm enjoying checking stuff out . I might learn something !!!
Thanks all !! :) :reddroid:

red humpy

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issue.

All other volume settings work fine, even speakerphone. But when I play a visual voicemail message, I can barely hear the message through the earpiece, and almost nothing through the speaker function.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Let me know if anyone has a fix! :blackdroid:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i had that issue months ago then tried YOUMAIL (free in the market and you have to join online). i've been fine ever since and save 2.99 a month :D Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail the greetings you can select for individual contacts alone is worth switching lol

warrior21

Reaction score
Wow... YouMail looks awesome. Any down side to it?
The only issue I had was it started taking too long for a message notification to come across. Not sure if anyone else had this issue.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
i had that issue months ago then tried YOUMAIL (free in the market and you have to join online). i've been fine ever since and save 2.99 a month :D Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail the greetings you can select for individual contacts alone is worth switching lol

---------- THANKS A MILLION , Corinacakes .... I will give it a try .

There seems to be an answer for every issue in this forum .

You all do a great job ! :icon_ banana:

Slipstream

Reaction score
This might be an incredibly stupid question (as I don't use VVM), but isn't the whole point of visual voice mail to not have to listen to the message? Why does volume matter then? :)

OP
R

Rogerdodger

Reaction score
You're absolutely right ------------ That was installed on the phone when I purchased it , and actually I am not even getting the visual message , just the VM . Duh ! I guess I need to finish the programming or just uninstall VVM and just go to regular VM . Would save me $ 2.99 mo fee . You're really right ! It really is not necessary . Just got sold another fee when purchasing the phone .
I suppose I can just uninstall ? , and then just use regular VM ?

NomeSain

Reaction score
No, not a stupid question

Your question is not stupid, but you don't understand what visual voicemail is. It is not a transcription service, it merely lists your voicemails visually so you can pick which ones and/or in which order you would like to listen to them.