Viewing pictures copied to SD card

dschulman

Reaction score
I have copied a bunch of pictures to a folder on the SD card via mounting the USB connection. However, I can't find any way to view them. When I go into Gallery, there seems to be no way to browse to the folder I created. Any help would be appreciated.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
It should show up in the gallery automatically. Did you eject the phone from your computer and then turn off the usb connection via the notification bar? Then go into the gallery. You should see the folder name there somewhere.

OP
D

dschulman

Reaction score
Thank you!!!

That was the ticket. I was just running a test to make sure the pictures were viewable, and the resolution was okay before I copied all the pictures down. So, I hadn't yet disconnected.

Thank you again.

Hiroller173

Reaction score
What if you move the files wirelessly? I only got the gallery app to re-read the sd directories with a reboot of the phone. Is there something a little less dramatic?

GigiL

Reaction score
Sorry, this has not worked for me. I copied photos to various folders on my SD card via my USB with labels such as Pictures and Photos. I unmounted and canceled my USB on my phone as instructed, but I still can never see photos from any of these other folders. The photos I'm copying onto the SD card are all .jpg files. I can see where the Droid captures photos (folder "Camera"), but I understood that the Droid should recognize photos in appropriate photos in ANY folder, so why can't mine see the .jpg's in the folders I create? I can only see photos if I put them in this "Camera" folder, but is something wrong with my Droid if I can't automatically see photos in other folders?

And what is the "phone folder" anyway? Is it simple the main directory in which all the other folders can be seen?

mjs31

Reaction score
Sorry, this has not worked for me. I copied photos to various folders on my SD card via my USB with labels such as Pictures and Photos. I unmounted and canceled my USB on my phone as instructed, but I still can never see photos from any of these other folders. The photos I'm copying onto the SD card are all .jpg files. I can see where the Droid captures photos (folder "Camera"), but I understood that the Droid should recognize photos in appropriate photos in ANY folder, so why can't mine see the .jpg's in the folders I create? I can only see photos if I put them in this "Camera" folder, but is something wrong with my Droid if I can't automatically see photos in other folders?

And what is the "phone folder" anyway? Is it simple the main directory in which all the other folders can be seen?

When you plug your droid into your computer, mount the usb and then drag photos (in folders if you like) over to the sd card, upon removal, the Droid should scan your sd card for any new files. You then should be able to open "gallery" on your droid and you photo will be in one of the areas. Are you opening gallery to view them?

GigiL

Reaction score
I'm too new a newbie

Thanks. An experienced iPhone user helped me realize there's a whole apparently called "Gallery" on my Droid. I kept going into my Camera apparently and accessing the Gallery menu there which couldn't see my added pics. That's how new I am to smart phones.

Now that I know to go to the main Gallery apparently I can see all my folders and pics. Thanks!