Viewing (modifying?) Office Docs and PDF

Shinobi326

Reaction score
I was curious what you guys are using to view (and modify?) your Word, Excel, PPT, and PDF docs?

Right now I have OffiViewer (free) and QuickOffice (free) installed. OffiViewer will not open .xlsx, but QuickOffice will.

what apps are you guys using for these needs?

Do any of these apps allow you to modify and save on the phone?

allikanbe

Reaction score
I was curious what you guys are using to view (and modify?) your Word, Excel, PPT, and PDF docs?

Right now I have OffiViewer (free) and QuickOffice (free) installed. OffiViewer will not open .xlsx, but QuickOffice will.

what apps are you guys using for these needs?

Do any of these apps allow you to modify and save on the phone?
I use Documents to go app.

Erich_F

Reaction score
Yeah, I just bought Docs 2 Go myself. I was a bit leary about spending $15 for an App...but now that I've done it, I'm glad I did. Beyond view, editing, and creating Office files, you can now also save any such file from email attachments on your Droid. As it stands out of the box, Droid cannot save email attachment files other than JPGs. This was not acceptable for me, as I get Excel, Pdf, and Word files on a regular basis for work.

$15 sounds a lot for an App in a world where most Apps are $0.99. Well, consider what you see on the software shelf at the store. The cheap stuff on the $5 rack is, well, cheap. We are all used to spending $35-100 for quality software for our computers, what's so wrong about $15 for quality software for your smartphone (more like handheld PC)?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Documents To Go (paid) was the first app I installed when I got my Droid. All of my business files are either Word, Excel or pdf. This program has worked flawlessly for me from day one. :motdroidvert: