View Print SMS Messages on PC

Brockjava

Reaction score
I searched and could not find a half way decent solution to view my sms messages on my PC.
  • I backup my SMS messages using SMS Backup & Restore and the built in GO SMS Pro backup option in the format of XML.
  • I download the backup to my PC
  • I have 12,000 + sms messages.
What I want to do
  • I want to view selected threads on my PC. (Readable)
  • I want to print selected threads from specific contacts to my printer. (for legal purposes)
What I tried.
  • SMS Backup Reader (Only Loads SMS Backup & Restore xml)
  • Excel xml formatting/importing (Not very elegant)
Any suggestions for a more elegant solution?

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sms backup by Christopher Studor saves your sms to a gmail folder, allowing access from the desktop via gmail.
It's free and works very well

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Natey2

Reaction score
MyPhoneExplorer in the Android Market can back up SMS messages to your PC.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

OP
Brockjava

Brockjava

Reaction score
MyPhoneExplorer in the Android Market can back up SMS messages to your PC.

Thank you for the reply. Getting them backup file to my PC is not my issue, I know how to do that.

My issue is once they are on my PC how View / Print selected threads to my printer? It's is for legal purposes.

Thanks!

OP
Brockjava

Brockjava

Reaction score
Sms backup by Christopher Studor saves your sms to a gmail folder, allowing access from the desktop via gmail.
It's free and works very well

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

You mean I have access to the backup file (not what I am looking for) OR that I can read / view the threads in gmail like an email conversation?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
GMail allows you to view/print individual threads like emails... I'm gathering 'that' is what you're looking for?

btw...I use SMS Backup+ by Jan Berkel

Natey2

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. Getting them backup file to my PC is not my issue, I know how to do that.

My issue is once they are on my PC how View / Print selected threads to my printer? It's is for legal purposes.

MyPhoneExplorer (free) can print.
It displays the SMS conversations by thread; highlight all the messages in the thread and choose the Print option.

gbhammer33

Reaction score
Download an app called "Email my texts sms". The email is very readable, searchable and very printable.

Betnel

Reaction score
MyPhoneExplorer doesn't backup pictures in texts

Previous conversations referenced My Phone Explorer App to save & print SMS messages. I have a new phone but need/want to have a record of some of the SMS activity from old phone.

I tried it - spent way too much time to find out that it does not preserve the original time (looks like it is standardized to European time) nor does it save texts that contain pictures. Waste of valuable time!

ananDay

Reaction score
How to Print Text Messages from Android Phone on Mac/Windows

As for your question, I think you should use use the third party software or tools to Print Text Messages from Android Phone on Computer,Believe it or not,The android mobile phone part of data stored in mobile phone inside, part of the stored on the SD Card, this two ways, we can't through the USB cable to transfer Text Messages from Samsung galaxy to Computer,So we need use tools or the third party software to help us to View Print SMS Messages on PC,To choose a regular tool if they can help you!I hope you can solve this question as soon as possible!!!

lijian

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei A9
Nice sharing. To print out Android sms message on computer,this way works well. Thank you so much.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Nice sharing. To print out Android sms message on computer,this way works well. Thank you so much.
Can you elaborate on which "way works well"? Since the OP didn't detail any "ways".

**Patiently awaiting response which will never happen**

Rachael Alice

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Lenovo vibe k6
Try MyPhoneExplorer which can back up sms and show up in PC.