View calendar details from homepage

dogrrific.com

Reaction score
As is on my Droid2 my calendar is sync with G and outlook,
but to view events I need to "click" the icon from home.
This small icon shows only the general cal icon without any cal details
My wife has the same but hers is about 1 inch square and shows some active details.
She does not know how it happened, I need to figure out how to do it as I would like getting this cal setting
I checked my cal settings but to no avail
Do you know how I change that "dead icon" by the "live" one
thanks

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps, but maybe try the widget "Pure Grid Calendar" because it can lay out an entire month on one of your home screens. After you learn your settings it's great. You can pick from many skins, show text for each event, and even have them color coded just like the google calendar settings. Syncs perfectly.

OP
D

dogrrific.com

Reaction score
Thanks, I might just do it
but since I am new to Droid I need asking how G will find the new cal, do I have to go to some setup to re sync it all.
Best.

Nods_Dad

Reaction score
Tap anywhere on your home screen then select widget then select calendar.....if you don't like that one then go to the app store and download another....personally I use launcher pro as I like how that displays.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

harrellj

Reaction score
It sounds like your wife has the calendar widget on her home screen, while you just have the app icon. As Nods_Dad stated, to get to the widgets, long-press a blank spot on any of your home screens and calendar is an option. Alternatively, there are many agenda/calendar apps in the market that you can switch to if you don't like the appearance/functionality of the stock calendar.

If you switch to a new calendar app, it'll just access your Google calendar, so no need to change any settings on the phone, including sync settings. However, if you add a new calendar to your Google calendar (sports calendars, etc), you will need to go into the stock app and make sure those are synchronized to allow other apps to access them.