video texting

sledhead004

Reaction score
Hey guys I did a search on texting a recorded video and set my video length to 30 sec. and low quality. My problem is I still cannot send a recorded video that I have in my gallery. Any suggestions?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I did a search on texting a recorded video and set my video length to 30 sec. and low quality. My problem is I still cannot send a recorded video that I have in my gallery. Any suggestions?

What is it saying? Are you sending it to another Verizon User or an iPhone user perhaps? I know I had a heck of a time sending my friend a MMS message (pic) on her unlocked iPhone on TMobile. Apparently it needs extra tinkering in the settings to make MMS compatible with TMobile.

OP
S

sledhead004

Reaction score
I am trying to send to only Verizon customers. Its still says Message size limit reached Sorry, you cannot add this video to your message.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am trying to send to only Verizon customers. Its still says Message size limit reached Sorry, you cannot add this video to your message.

Perhaps it's a problem with the stock app (are you using the stock messaging app?) I remember having problems sending MMS messages with the stock app when first getting my droid, which was the reason I switched to Handcent. Have you tried using Handcent to send the messages? It's in the market for free, just to hopefully narrow down the potential problem causers.

OP
S

sledhead004

Reaction score
Yes I have Handcent and have been using it, thats why I cannot figure whats going on here. I have about a 5 second video and cannot send it.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes I have Handcent and have been using it, thats why I cannot figure whats going on here. I have about a 5 second video and cannot send it.

hmm weird, how big is the file? What is your "maximum MMS size" setting on in Handcent?

OP
S

sledhead004

Reaction score
One other thing I noticed is when I hit share, it brings up the original messaging app icon. Shouldn't it bring up Handcent icon?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
One other thing I noticed is when I hit share, it brings up the original messaging app icon. Shouldn't it bring up Handcent icon?

I'm guessing it should, you could try clearing defaults for the stock messaging app I guess.

barcodelinux

Reaction score
I am having the same issue as described above.

I changed my out going size limit to 1M and it successfully sent to another VZW phone. I haven't tried sending it to someone on a different carrier, so I don't know if it effects other carriers.

anthony.selby

Reaction score
Android SendIT

I use Android SendIT ... (search the market for email video) ... It lets you email any video to anyone (without any size limits)

It worked perfect for me dancedroid