Video recording problems.

wushuta

Reaction score
Good morning guys,

I have tried searching for this answer, but I could not find anything (and maybe my searching skills are sub-par) that can solve my video recording issue. The specs for our Rezound state that it can record 720p@60fps, but I am unable to get this. No matter what quality/settings I use < 1080p, my videos will only be @ ~30fps. Slow mo is off, I've tried turning stereo audio off, audio off completely, using the front facing camera, recording at a lower res (all the way to the lowest setting). But nothing can get my phone to record @ 60fps.

I am getting my video fps off WMP classis and VLC player. Max FPS I have received is 27. All my recordings were done in broad daylight.

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Where are you getting 60fps? I can't find that anywhere in the manual and it's not mentioned on HTC's own website.

HTC Rezound

RH

cp24eva

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like to see where this 60 fps thing is at. Also where is the status that says what your current fps is?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Most full on camcorders don't do full 60 FPS. I would most certainly need to see a reference doc that supports your claim of 60 FPS. Then I would like a good lawyer, and the number for George Lucas....because we're shooting his next movie on my phone!

OP
W

wushuta

Reaction score
Just about every site has it listed as a "pro" and spec.
HTC Rezound specs
Is just one. Almost all the reviews list 720p@60fps.
I guess the confusing part for me is this mode only available for slow motion?

The current playback FPS status depends on the video player you choose. I used WMP classic and VLC. Also in Window 7 if you have the "Details" pane enables, you can see the resolution, FPS, etc in the pane.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I remember reading that 60 fps is used for slow motion mode...it records at 60 fps but then plays it back at 30 fps or something like that

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
I remember reading that 60 fps is used for slow motion mode...it records at 60 fps but then plays it back at 30 fps or something like that

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

This. The 60fps is a superfast mode used for the slightly lower quality slow motion mode. again playback will still be at 30fps, also I think you need a class 6 SD for that to work properly don't you? I haven't tried it out yet...

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
LOL!! Yes gingerbread supports class 10 :) (whether the phone can handle the massive transfer speed or not is a different story..)