video output cable ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjariel

Reaction score
Does any one know if they make a cable that connects ur droid to ur tv? I wanna watch movies from my droid in the tv and see my screen in the tv

tktouch12

Reaction score
im pretty sure that it cant. its the one thing that it "doesn't" do.

Dave Droid

Reaction score
I was just thinking the same thing. I don't know if it's possible because it uses a USB-Type connection protocol. If it was proprietary then it would be a different story (like iPod connectors are exclusively only on iPods)

So the only way that there can possibly video-out is if they make some type of cable through the headphone jack. Similar to how my 1st generation Zune sent video-out.

OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score
Well I found a cable that works on the htc droid (I have both) but I don't know if it works with movies. I think it only let's u see the photos and videos. I don't want to buy it and then that's all it does

OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score
Wow mam u don't know what the dif. Is in videos and movies . U can make videos with ur phone. How bout movies?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow mam u don't know what the dif. Is in videos and movies . U can make videos with ur phone. How bout movies?
Be civil. Yes, you can make video's from your phone. The O.P. wants to be able to watch movies that are on their phone or video's they created to be able to watch them on the TV.

cmillertime

Reaction score
anyone find anything else out with this? i am also trying to watch video output to my tv for nes emulators and youtube. would a simple headphone jack to rca output work?

OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score
No I've tryed that already doesn't. Work u need something that would connect to the mini usb but I can't find one anywhere. I found one for the htc droid but I think it only does photos and videos.

cmillertime

Reaction score
There has to be some way you would think this would be a common enough thing that droid does would have it, i mean iphone has it and so does digital camera's, could you give me the link to the htc cable?

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score
I've found a lot of info on the video out thing there's a few videos u can watch on u youtube but its only the htc touch here's the site where I found the cable. As of right now there is no luck on the droidworking as a video output. HTC Touch Pro TV Out Cable ACT100 - Original (OEM)

Did you take a good look at that cable?
There's zero colour separation....meaning it will look like crap unless you're
the only person without an HDTV?

There is nothing out there that will allow you to view HD content output to an HDTV...
We would need an HDMI output. While there is a phone coming that will have HDMI...Our Moto Droid is.....essentially Void.

It would have been possible for the headphone jack to incorporate component HD video output as well as audio IF they
have had the foresight to have done this for us....My DXG 1080p camcorder has this and videos come out perfect on an HDTV...

Gorin

Reaction score
wait, will that htc cable work on the motorolla droid? (sorry i'm new to droids)

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score
wait, will that htc cable work on the motorolla droid? (sorry i'm new to droids)

HTC made it, therefore it should only work on the models listed
(if you clicked the link, of course)

If you'd like to try all you would need is a mini USB to micro USB connector
(motorola makes them) and try it, but I doubt the motorola Droid was made for this in mind...make sense?

Gorin

Reaction score
gotcha.

seems like a big hassle to buy and carry around 2 different cables. my search continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.