Video File Management

LennyPK

Reaction score
I have about 30 downloaded music video files. With the Droid hooked up to my computer I added some folders under video to sub-divide the files by genre.
But still when I click on Gallery all I see within a folder is tiny icons that I can't tell which video it is.
Isn't there a better way to see selections... kinda like Music does; i.e. broken down by artist or song with clickable selections??
Is there an app I need to download to accomplish this?

Big D

Reaction score
I have another question to add to this (sorry for the hijack).

I have a couple mp4s that wont play and I don't know how to delete them. If I even click on them, it forces a close.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have another question to add to this (sorry for the hijack).

I have a couple mp4s that wont play and I don't know how to delete them. If I even click on them, it forces a close.

mount your SD card, and delete them from your PC...

JRunner01

Reaction score
Sorry to hop on this thread... but I was wondering does the phone have a built in media player? Or do we have to download one?

grrouchie

Reaction score
Sorry to hop on this thread... but I was wondering does the phone have a built in media player? Or do we have to download one?

so far i have been viewing my video's through the "gallery"

though I don't like it much because it doesn't give me the names of the videos, so I don't know if i'm watching things in order or not.

forkup

Reaction score
Lenny from your pc create folders for each video, it's a sucky workaround but it works.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't bother with the gallery for vid/movie watching. I created a "Movie" folder on the SD card and use the "Astro" file manager program. I press the "Astro" icon and it opens in the "movie" folder (I leave it there mostly) and all my movies show up as files with an old movie reel as the icon with the file name to the right. It's very easy to pick whatever movie I want.

sterdroids

Reaction score
what files can the droid play? Avi, MPG or only mp4? if so how do you convert your files so the droid can play them?

thanks!!

metalmenance

Reaction score
I too dont like not seeing the names of movies/vids but if you hold finger on them for a sec a menu pops up and you can choose details to see name and more info before playing
that is the only way i have found so far

windstrings

Reaction score
Plus if you move videos from one place to another... like from your downloaded folder to a custom folder you created the gallery won't see them in the new place till its been refreshed.

One way to cause it to refresh is to reboot your phone... or you can remount the card.... anything that forces the phone to reanalyze the file structure works... until then, its invisible.