vibrating on this phone...

BostonDroid

Reaction score
Is terrible. I can't feel the phone vibrate ever so I can never keep it on vibrate. If you ask me, that's basically the only flaw on this phone...does anybody else think the same?

bman6074

Reaction score
I think it depends on some apps. I noticed that certain apps i use make the vibration stronger. But i have to agree it is a little tiny sounding. I went to 4 verizon stores and all the phones they had on display sounded the same. I have learned to accept it as the rest of the phone is pretty damn good for my needs

OP
B

BostonDroid

Reaction score
bman6074 said:
I think it depends on some apps. I noticed that certain apps i use make the vibration stronger. But i have to agree it is a little tiny sounding. I went to 4 verizon stores and all the phones they had on display sounded the same. I have learned to accept it as the rest of the phone is pretty damn good for my needs
I'm not even thinking about the apps... when the phone is on vibrate and it rings I can never hear it...never mind texting.

delmartian4

Reaction score
I have the same problem. The vibrate is so weak I miss calls all the time. Spoke to a Motorola technician and he recommended a refresh that required my using another phone for instructions which I don't have. Will try the Verizon store and see if they know how to fix the problem because the Motorola technician was guessing at the fix.

R

RETG

Anyone get the HD from a droid x, and if yes, how does the vibration compare?
I was ready to jump on this phone since the X is getting a little old, but I need a phone with a vibration that can notify me of a message or phone call. Cannot use sound.

bman6074

Reaction score
Anyone get the HD from a droid x, and if yes, how does the vibration compare?
I was ready to jump on this phone since the X is getting a little old, but I need a phone with a vibration that can notify me of a message or phone call. Cannot use sound.

I came from a droid x. At first the vibration did kind of bother me. I wished I could have just made the X faster. But the Droid HD Maxx grew on me as its so much faster not only the 4g but the phone itself. Many more features that are very useful. I have had the phone now about a month and have gotten used to the vibration. On the flip side the volume is way louder then the droid X. Its so loud I have had to turn it down to almost off on some of my notification tones. So i guess they traded off for a bigger speaker and smaller vibration unit. All in all i am satisfied with the HD MAxx.
Its not to much bigger then the X but the screen real estate is so much nicer. I only use 3 screens to organize my needs now compared to the 5 i used on the X
The battery is by far way better then the X.
Smart actions are great once you get them set up. Automatically does things for you.
Wifi appears to be much stronger. the X i would loss connection just a across my house. The HD i can be outside almost to my mailbox and still have WIFI. Also the WIFI connects way faster.
HD is thinner and much better in the pocket

Go test drive one at bestbuy. They give you 14 days to try it out. I was sold in about a week once i had it set up to my liking.
At this point i wouldn't want to go back even if the X got a boost in speed.

R

RETG

I came from a droid x. At first the vibration did kind of bother me. I wished I could have just made the X faster. But the Droid HD Maxx grew on me as its so much faster not only the 4g but the phone itself. Many more features that are very useful. I have had the phone now about a month and have gotten used to the vibration. On the flip side the volume is way louder then the droid X. Its so loud I have had to turn it down to almost off on some of my notification tones. So i guess they traded off for a bigger speaker and smaller vibration unit. All in all i am satisfied with the HD MAxx.
Its not to much bigger then the X but the screen real estate is so much nicer. I only use 3 screens to organize my needs now compared to the 5 i used on the X
The battery is by far way better then the X.
Smart actions are great once you get them set up. Automatically does things for you.
Wifi appears to be much stronger. the X i would loss connection just a across my house. The HD i can be outside almost to my mailbox and still have WIFI. Also the WIFI connects way faster.
HD is thinner and much better in the pocket

Go test drive one at bestbuy. They give you 14 days to try it out. I was sold in about a week once i had it set up to my liking.
At this point i wouldn't want to go back even if the X got a boost in speed.

Thanks. Nearest best buy or verizon store is 125 miles (one way); so that is not an option at this time. No LTE nearby and probably won't be until end of 2013 or end of the next decade. I would keep the X, but it is starting to have some screen problems, but I sure do need the vibration feature to be able to work well enough to notify me of a call or email. I keep my current X on a belt clip in a Seidio case and the vibration is great.

Oh well...thanks...

4shlr

Reaction score
Anybody not having haptic feedback when typing? I like having the keys vibrate when I'm typing but can't get it to do this.