Vibrate while I am on the phone?

bishoy

Reaction score
My (sister's) Droid Incredible vibrates when she gets a text message and she is on the phone. this is very annoying and i am sure in one way or another, harmful to her hearing. She wants it to vibrate all the time, except when she is on the phone. How can we adjust these settings?

PamalaW

Reaction score
My (sister's) Droid Incredible vibrates when she gets a text message and she is on the phone. this is very annoying and i am sure in one way or another, harmful to her hearing. She wants it to vibrate all the time, except when she is on the phone. How can we adjust these settings?

I don't see this setting on the stock messaging app, but if she's using handcent there is an option in the notification settings marked "notification on call" it has two check boxes, one for sound on call and one for vibrate..

OP
B

bishoy

Reaction score
Yes, I am aware of that option because I use it. However, she doesnt like handcent. she loves her stock messaging app. anyone else?

I know sound manager helps, but that also turns off vibrate when it is on loud

OP
B

bishoy

Reaction score
:bump:

no one?
no one else is annoyed when their phone vibrates in their ear?

TruthStands

Reaction score

I know this is an old thread, but it still comes up at the top of the list on Google for this problem. I searched and searched and finally found the answer on eHow. The setting is found in the Messaging app, rather than in Settings where you have probably looked for it. Full instructions are at this link: How Do I Get My Droid to Vibrate When I Get a Text? | eHow.com

Since I couldn't find this solution on any forums, I'm posting it here. :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thank for that link Truth!

Yeah most likely you're going to find the option to stop vibration in the settings of the app, not the setting of the phone itself. I'd like to confirm that, but unfortunately my phone is not in the same room as me right now;)