Vibrate Problems: Loose vibrator

ATK

Reaction score
I recently switched over to my second droid, Ive had this new one for a day, but I have noticed that the vibrate on this new droid is a bit off. It sounds like something is loose inside the phone, or like there is paper flapping inside the motor as it vibrates. I know from having my last phone that there is a definite difference between the two. I read somewhere that some droids just have stronger vibrate motors but I am not sure if that is the source of this problem.

Anyone else have this problem? Any advice?

bots

Reaction score
Yep same problem here. I also have the problem with the front button backlights being unevenly lit...Perhaps the two issues are linked? It feels like the vibrator is on the bottom left corner of the front "screen" half of the phone. I'm gonna go take a look at the pictures of the disassembled droid and see if I can find a possible reason for this. Also- I have played with a droid that had neither of these problems, the vibrate felt a lot more stout and the front panel buttons were evenly lit.

bots

Reaction score
The vibrator is located on the bottom left corner of the back of the phone. You can actually see the actuator if you take out the battery. Pried around and it feels like the vibrator is mounted firmly, but there may be a little bit of lateral play in the "driveshaft" of the motor. I think this is what is causing the vibrate issue. Also, the front light issue does not appear to be associated with this problem.

OP
A

ATK

Reaction score
Well its nice to hear that someone else has this problem too. I have actually gotten used to it. It just seems normal to me now.

thanks for the reply, I dont why we both had the same two problems if they are independent

Cyanidetransistor

Reaction score
Mine as well. Its sleight but noticeable. I, too, have gotten used to it but I wonder if it is normal operating procedure or if it is a factory defect/ over look similar to the battery cover pad.

OP
A

ATK

Reaction score
I havent heard anything. It would be nice if it was covered, but I am tired of dealing with verizon with switching phones, the store I go to seems incompetent and no one knows about any of the phones. Im just gonna live with it, its a great phone

bots

Reaction score
Looking at the front of the phone, you can kind of see the backlights behind the front buttons through the screen . The left side button backlight looks sorta muxed on my phone.The vibrator is on the other half of the phone. That's why I believe these two problems are unrelated.